Animatch V1.2

Seems that I won't be seeing my GP2X-F200 anymore as my missus is hooked on to this game and is reluctant to let go. Until the batteries run flat that is then it'll be given back to me. After changing the batteries and a quick go myself. Poof! She's already swiped it off me again. LOL :D

Well her highest score is 34400 so far...

Mine is 8900 :blush:

Yeah, an online high score list would be great. If my sister ever gets a GP2X/Wiz she'll probably be pretty high up on it. She is very gifted with Tilematch, I could never even come close to her scores. I might get her a Wiz for her birthday just so she can play this game.

I really need to buy rechargeable batteries. I've used six battery sets playing Animatch=)... Wonderful game!!

ruckage said:
Thanks for the replies everyone, looks like fusion_power is the current champion. Maybe I should get some kind of online highscore list setup for people to submit scores - would there be any interest in that?
Nice idea. I doubt that I reach my own Highscore again so soon. There always is a good bunch of luck involved. ^_^
Proof:
animatchfp01kn6.png

Time Attack: Normal - 4:28.45 Hard - 7:3:63
Score Attack: Normal - 26550 Hard - 19860

araya said:
I really need to buy rechargeable batteries. I've used six battery sets playing Animatch=)... Wonderful game!!
You can expand the battery time by underclocking the game (with Gmenu2x for example). Animatch runs fine at 166MHz, maybe less than that. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
fusion_power said:
ruckage said:
Thanks for the replies everyone, looks like fusion_power is the current champion. Maybe I should get some kind of online highscore list setup for people to submit scores - would there be any interest in that?
Nice idea. I doubt that I reach my own Highscore again so soon. There always is a good bunch of luck involved. ^_^
Proof:
animatchfp01kn6.png

Time Attack: Normal - 4:28.45 Hard - 7:3:63
Score Attack: Normal - 26550 Hard - 19860

Very well done.

What I may do is release another new version which will support some way of submitting scores to my website - probably by generating a code you have to enter on the site.

That's a nice idea for score submission, it bypasses all the trouble of handling and validating uploaded hiscore files - might have to steal it sometime :D

My current normal-mode hiscore is 51k, but I think I'm starting to develop a method.

ruckage said:
great idea !!!

Just finished a quick and dirty Nokia battery hack to my gp2x. I installed BL-4C battery and charge plug inside, just a very quick installation.

Seems to work ok. Now I'll test the battery age while playing Animatch.

My plan is modify the back cover of the gp2x by cutting of the battery bulge, and fill the hole with plastic plate.

I'll post some images when done. IF it doesn't look like shit, that is!

Now, off to play...

Thanks Ruckage, the 1.2 is SO much better than the 1.1 we tried a while ago. My g/f is a obsessive tilematch fan (over 3,000,000 hi score!!) but this 1.2 version is keeping her interest now, and I'm starting to play it more too. She really likes the idea of a shared score table too.

The only thing I dont like is the wobbly effect when you're about to run out of time. It makes it really hard to get that last tile you need for the next level. Maybe that's what you intended... but otherwise brilliant!

Also, just a query. Why not have the progress bar run down on the time attack game? it seems silly not to have it there.

Thanks

PurplePup said:
Thanks Ruckage, the 1.2 is SO much better than the 1.1 we tried a while ago. My g/f is a obsessive tilematch fan (over 3,000,000 hi score!!) but this 1.2 version is keeping her interest now, and I'm starting to play it more too. She really likes the idea of a shared score table too.

The only thing I dont like is the wobbly effect when you're about to run out of time. It makes it really hard to get that last tile you need for the next level. Maybe that's what you intended... but otherwise brilliant!

Also, just a query. Why not have the progress bar run down on the time attack game? it seems silly not to have it there.

Thanks
Hi PurplePup,

The wobbly effect is alsmost the same as the effect used in the original Zookeeper when time was running out. Appart from giving a very visual cue that time is running out it also helps to create a sense of panic. I won't be removing the effect from the game but maybe I will add an option to switch the effect off in the next version.
The reason the timebar doesn't countdown in Score Attack (I assume you mean 'Score attack' as 'time attack' has no time limit) Is really due laziness on my part as I would have to code an entirely new timebar to get it to work correctly in that mode. I will add it to my to do list for the next version however.

i like the wobbly effect when time is running out. gives an extra feeling of panic but also gets you to try really hard to find that match you're missing. I'm usually all for giving options but I think it something that should be in or out and not an option.

ruckage said:
The wobbly effect is alsmost the same as the effect used in the original Zookeeper when time was running out. Appart from giving a very visual cue that time is running out it also helps to create a sense of panic. I won't be removing the effect from the game but maybe I will add an option to switch the effect off in the next version.

please don't change anything with wobbly effect, it must be in the game !!! ;)

It would be great if somone start a Hi-Score thread :)
I played a little and those are my score

Normal Mode : Paxl - 42500
Time Attack : Paxl - 6:15.99
Score Attack : Paxl - 20160

Those where done on a F100 without stylus ;)

paxl

Hi Ruckage,

I played a little bit more to your fabulous animatch and I'd like to comment on what
can be done to accelerate the F100 playing.

Would it be possible to put a setting for the speed of the cursor... I'd take it faster
but I know this is probably personnal ?
Also would it be possible to put 4 rotation key with A/B/X/Y ? It rotate in the direction
that you press on the buttons !

This game is a gem of this console ! I like it !!!

Thanks a lot
paxl

Back