Ahhh!!!....nooooo!!! Dead Pixel!!!

Cbass182

I just recieved my gp2x, when I move the joystick, the center of my screen ripples. When I play frodo, I can clearly see in the black area, a dead pixel...damn...I'm like the only person I've heard of having a dead pixel, it just had to be me...

Otherwise this thing is awesome, I did the Retrocon joystick mod, and holy crap it makes a huge difference. It's definitley worth ruining my old retrocon for.

I've play divx with no probs....mp3's great...emulators and games great...

Thanks to all the dev's for your hard work, and keep it up...

Hope my dead pixel goes away and I can find a way to fix the screen ripple thing...

I'll try one of those pixel unsticker movies sometime soon...

Overall, I couldn't be happier...(except for the pixel)

from my understanding, the dead pixel phenomenon from the psp was because the unit didn't have enough internal room, so the lcd was greatly compromised... kind of ligns up with the screen rippling you're talking about.

i wonder if loosening the unit would make a difference... i wouldn't pop open the unit at my suggestion, just wondering if it would work.

[edit: there's a dead pixel remover movie? wonder how that works... i'll have to tell the dude i sold my psp to about that...]

loosened case screws and ripples are gone...but i still have a dead pixel...

Cbass182 posted on Dec 2 2005 at 11:53 PM said:
I just recieved my gp2x, when I move the joystick, the center of my screen ripples. When I play frodo, I can clearly see in the black area, a dead pixel...damn...I'm like the only person I've heard of having a dead pixel, it just had to be me...

maybe it's not dead, only stuck, you can try to read the psp's pixel fixing movie in loop for some hours and see if it works, you can also softly make a soft massage on the deas pixel's area ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a dead pixel thread for the gp32 over at gp32 Spain, and several people reported being able to get rid of theirs by giving the screen (where the dead pixel is of course) a very gentle massage. Don't ask me why it works, but several people posted saying that it worked for them. You might want to give it a try, just remember that it's a GENTLE MASSAGE!!!!!!! Don't press down too hard on the screen. H.G.

hired gun posted on Dec 3 2005 at 12:58 AM said:
Don't ask me why it works,

it fixes (small) bad contacts between the layers of the screen ;)

for best results, massage (press) the closest borders of the screens too, this fixed me a 17" LCD a few weeks ago :D

that massage technique wouldn't work on a psp, would it? because the screen is covered by the outer casing of the unit... kind of disappointing.

just wanted to let everyoe know... it worked with my friends psp... i guess i had to massage a little harder than usual because there is a clear casing over the screen that's a part of the case over the rest of the unit, but it worked!

Rayek posted on Dec 3 2005 at 01:46 PM said:
just wanted to let everyoe know... it worked with my friends psp... i guess i had to massage a little harder than usual because there is a clear casing over the screen that's a part of the case over the rest of the unit, but it worked!

Glad that it worked for you, but there are programs on the net to "fix" the psp screen, did they not work for you, or did you just not know about it?????? I only mention it for "future refernce" if you have more problems later. H.G.

Back