Add icons to minimenu from PND manager without reinstalling?

RobeeJay

Is it possible to add the icons to the minimenu without uninstalling and then reinstalling with PND manager? I installed a load of things only to realise I hadn't added icons for them. :(

TIA

You'll have to forgive me, as I've not used minimenu much, but changing a PND's icon is as simple as dropping a PNG file with the same filename (before the extension) as the PND, and according to the wiki at least, that ought to change the icon. As I don't use minimenu though, I don't know if it has an option to do this after install, or whether you'll need to boot into XFCE to do it, or move your card to another computer to do it. I believe minimenu will write .ovr files for you though, so it may have the option.

I'm a little mystified by your reference to PND manager though. As far as I've noted, PND manager doesn't let you override PND settings at install time.

Thanks for the reply.

It does though, when you select a new package you can toggle an option before you install it between desktop, minimenu or both. :/ Annoyingly I reflashed the firmware so it reset back to the default (which annoyingly is desktop only) so when I reinstalled a load of apps they aren't in the minimenu.

Ah, I see. You want to choose where the apps (or their icons, literally) appear in minimenu? Easy peasy!

As far as I recall, minimenu shows you the combined contents of SDCARD/pandora/apps and .../mmenu, and possibly .../menu (but not .../desktop). You can simply move the PND file between these folders on your SD card to do the same thing as when PNDmanager offers to install it to menu or desktop. If you selected to install them to desktop in PNDmanager they'll be in SDCARD/pandora/desktop, and as you observe, hidden from minimenu.

I'd recommend you move them to .../apps, as that folders meant for stuff that appears everywhere, so you'll at least have access to it in minimenu and XFCE.

Back