A Qustion For Wiz Developers

christo930

If you are contemplating a game for the WIZ, will you also release it for the GP2X, assuming it would run ok? I figure most home brew software is probably not going to push the Wiz to the point where it won't also work on the GP2X, unless it's heavy in 3d. I realize with emulators it is probably different, but with homebrew games I would think it would cool if the games are released for both systems. Is anyone working on any such software?

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
'christo930' said:
If you are contemplating a game for the WIZ, will you also release it for the GP2X, assuming it would run ok? I figure most home brew software is probably not going to push the Wiz to the point where it won't also work on the GP2X, unless it's heavy in 3d. I realize with emulators it is probably different, but with homebrew games I would think it would cool if the games are released for both systems. Is anyone working on any such software?

Chris
Haha, reverse backwards compatiblity. Awesome.

I'm not a developer, but I'm assuming the whole reason for the Wiz is to enable it to play games its predecessors could not. So I'm assuming that the answer is "no". But lets wait and here from the developers first. Seeing as how this is an entirely open source project, you never know ;D

I intend to dual release emulators on Wiz and GP2X.. probably. >_> No real reason not to.

I'm writing Berzerk 2X which will be aimed at the Wiz, but since it's written in Fenix it should work on the GP2X too!

In my knowledge some of the games of GP2X Wiz can be run in F200 and some not.
I think it is because of the software,
Thats the information I have.
If you have any further questions you can ask me.

I wil ltry to answer any of your questions as soon as possible, because I have a friend working at GPH.

I plan to continue supporting both systems as much as possible. Still loads of life left in the 2X.

'GP2X-INT' said:

I wil ltry to answer any of your questions as soon as possible, because I have a friend working at GPH.
What are you saying :|

Peter_R says you're the one working at GPH anyway, if that's true maybe you should drop the charade..

'Exophase' said:
'GP2X-INT' said:

What are you saying :|

Peter_R says you're the one working at GPH anyway, if that's true maybe you should drop the charade..

That other guy is a relatively new hire at GPH, not this user. However, a mod (possibly Squidge or ED) pointed out they have the same IP. So either this is the same guy or there is a different guy but likely posting from a GPH owned computer in GPH's building....

'Peter R' said:
That other guy is a relatively new hire at GPH, not this user. However, a mod (possibly Squidge or ED) pointed out they have the same IP. So either this is the same guy or there is a different guy but likely posting from a GPH owned computer in GPH's building....
Yeah, it looks pretty suspicious, especially considering that first guy stopped posting then this guy started. Although, they could be roommates or something.. o_o

He already admitted to being the same guy:
'GP2X-INT' said:
'Chip' said:
'tonyhan' said:
I am not exactly from GP2X WIZ
I have so much interest in WIZ that I would like to upgrades things for the users.
Is there any problem with that?

You're posting from the same IP address as GP2X-INT, so if you're not the same person you're at least in the same building. If you're a GPH representative and you're trying to drum up excitement for the Wiz, that's fine. This is a Wiz forum and the people here LIKE to hear from you guys.

However, if you're a representative for GPH, it doesn't look good if you claim to just be a "fan". The English term for that is "astroturfing", and it is frowned on. If you want to stay on good terms with Wiz users, it is best to be up front about who you are and who you're working for.
To tell you the truth I just changed my ID because whatever the other ID says you might not trust
I am trying to give you all the UPDATES of the WIZ with another ID so you could take it.
Does that answer your questions why I have changed the ID?
I have a friend working at GP2X WIZ so I am trying to upload all the recent news to the people
who are interested in WIZ.

I wasnt trying to cheat or play games with the GP2X users.
Just trying to give real updates news.

It smells a bit fishy, and the "insider information" he's given us so far sounds mostly like translated press releases, but he's not doing any harm. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt as long as he doesn't keep making new accounts every few weeks.

'jacksterson' said:
'christo930' said:

Chris
Haha, reverse backwards compatiblity. Awesome.

I'm not a developer, but I'm assuming the whole reason for the Wiz is to enable it to play games its predecessors could not. So I'm assuming that the answer is "no". But lets wait and here from the developers first. Seeing as how this is an entirely open source project, you never know ;D

The thing is, for emulation there isn't too much room for growth left, but for homebrew games, there is lots and lots of room left. I don't think there are more than 1 or 2 homebrew games that come even close to tapping the resources of the GP2X. Ports of pc games and emulators are the only software that pushes the system. The GTA clone is about the most complex system-pushing game out for the gp2x. Most homebrew games rely more on good gameplay than system-pushing graphics and sounds so most homebrew games should work fine. Even the gp32 can probably handle most of the homebrew games for th gp2x. So say some body new to the scene writes a good puzzle game for the system he has (a wiz), but is still well within the capability of the GP2X, then why not release it for both platforms?

Well one thing i want to ask
is there any problem for me to give out information about the GP2X?
lets make it i am working for GP2X is there any problem with that?
did i harm anybody or did i do something wrong during my time here?
people are talking and talking how good or bad Wiz it is.
i dont care about that i am just giving out information for the people who are interested in GP2X.
i dont think anybody can stop me to do this.
people who are saying that Wiz is not worth to buy it then dont buy it,
nobody will hurt you if you dont buy it.
so lets make it simple

i have my computer and internet to browse and to do my work,
and here i am giving out information who wants to know the necessary information about wiz
that is all what i am doing
so please stop complaining that i am working at GPH or i am this i am that.
dont be childish just write what you want to know and your questions.

People generally don't like being lied to and are going to question your motives. By saying that you don't work for GPH but simply know someone who does it makes you seem like a more impartial source than you really are.

'GP2X-INT' said:
Well one thing i want to ask
is there any problem for me to give out information about the GP2X?
lets make it i am working for GP2X is there any problem with that?
did i harm anybody or did i do something wrong during my time here?
people are talking and talking how good or bad Wiz it is.
i dont care about that i am just giving out information for the people who are interested in GP2X.
i dont think anybody can stop me to do this.
people who are saying that Wiz is not worth to buy it then dont buy it,
nobody will hurt you if you dont buy it.
so lets make it simple

i have my computer and internet to browse and to do my work,
and here i am giving out information who wants to know the necessary information about wiz
that is all what i am doing
so please stop complaining that i am working at GPH or i am this i am that.
dont be childish just write what you want to know and your questions.
You don't give out any information about the GP2X Wiz. You give out information about GPH and how wonderful they are. That's just my personal opinion of your posts so far. Having said that, I personally really want to see some videos of the Wiz and its emulators, the menu, video playback etc. Simply a video in the line of what ED made

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KODqOl-Y9dg

and NOT something like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW14_SOl7YA

Regards

André

If this guy does work for Gp2x, then they need to ditch him and bring back Anna Hong. At least she was damn cute and didn't spam the boards. :p

Back