a kickass renamer™ beta

KickAss

Very Active Member
hey there,

since im still waiting for my pandora, i need someone to test some code and give me proper feedback.

as far as i can tell it shouldnt cause any issues, but you never know. thanks for testing!

the story behind it:

so ive been downloading lots of files again. bummer was i wanted file extensions to be different from what they were.

instead of renaming the files in the shell within only seconds i decided to go for a more gui style approach and wasted hours on it (actually i just wanted to mess around with tkinter).

so this little fella will ask you for a file suffix to look for and a file suffix to rename files to. you will then choose a folder which will be parsed for the given suffixes. if matching files are found, you can rename them if you like with only one click. i think its quite sexy :)

a pandora screeny would be lovely. thanks in advance!

PS: this is to be considered a rough sketch of a sloppy script. no need to hate me for my ugly redudant code. constructive feedback is more than welcome!

Attachments

• renamer.tar
    61 KB · Views: 217
Last edited by a moderator:
You should add a shebang to the first line of Python scripts so they can be "executed" rather than having to explicitly run it with Python. The shebang should look like this:

Code:
#!/usr/bin/python

Regarding the program itself, Tkinter doesn't seem to work properly on the default Pandora OS; apparently Tcl isn't properly installed by default, so your program just raises a _tkinter.TclError on startup. It's not a problem with your program; this happens with all Tkinter programs (including IDLE) as far as I can tell.

You should add a shebang to the first line of Python scripts so they can be "executed" rather than having to explicitly run it with Python.
yeh thanks. im working on it in my ide, thus no shebang. nonetheless your right.

Regarding the program itself, Tkinter doesn't seem to work properly on the default Pandora OS; apparently Tcl isn't properly installed by default, so your program just raises a _tkinter.TclError on startup.
what a shame :(

maybe someone got tcl running?

Tlc can be compiled quite easily, you need to package the libs with your program then.

Back