A Geek Tragedy

If you had two exceptionally cool, geeky watches, would you...

• Make the tough choice and only wear one...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wear both, one on each arm...

• Wear both on the same arm...

• Put the extra one in a pocket or attached to your belt...

• Wear neither, because it would be too geeky to wear them...

• Wear neither, because you don't know how to tell time...

• Total voters

generalnmx

Playful/Fascist Mod
Website
www.matts-hosting.com
I bought a new Calculator watch with PDA functions and I think it's the coolest thing ever. I bought it to replace my USB Watch with 32MB Flash Storage, which I lost. However, I recently found my USB Watch, and now I have a delimma. Should I even be more geeky and wear one on each arm? I don't think I can choose...both seem essential to my daily life! (even though my phone can function as a calculator and PDA, and I have a 128MB USB Flash Storage on my keychain)

I'm wearing one on each arm right now. On the lighter side, my wrists feel more "balanced" now. I never noticed it before, but having a watch on only one arm feels like it is "weighing" down that arm and constricting it. One on both arms feel more natural for some weird reason.

Obviously, I'm a huge geek. ;)

Wear one on each arm, and if anyone asks why tell them either....

1) you're a rich buisness man and need to travel from time zone to tme zone regularly.

2) tell them that sometimes a random limb goes numb so you need one on each hand to be sure.

How big are the watches????

Standard watch size. I don't know, they just feel a little restrictive, especially when I'm going to the bath room. I also take off my glasses when I am going to the bath room, as it makes me feel more relaxed. And that's probably more information then you needed to know :D

If you were a super hero you would be.

"Hi-Tech portable storage guy person"

With a USB Storage device on both my keychain and my right wrist, a calculator/pda watch on my left wrist, a camera mobile phone w/ NES and Gameboy emulators on the left side of my waist, and a minature multi-function knife (aka a swiss army knife clone) also on my keychain, I am...Techno Matt! To borrow a title from Dilbert ;)

generalnmx posted on Jul 20 2004 at 07:02 PM said:
I bought a new Calculator watch with PDA functions and I think it's the coolest thing ever.
What does your girlfriend think of it?

Last edited by a moderator:
What does your girlfriend think of it?

I haven't had a girlfriend since high school. Not much luck since then, been on a few dates, but they didn't fit my profile. And sometimes I didn't fit their profile of course ;) I have semi-high standards, I want a girl who is at least average or a little below-average looking who is near to, beyond of, or equal to my intelligence. I put personality first, intelligence second, looks last. I'll probably be a bachelor forever ;) And, of course, gamers are a plus.

Wear both, on different days.

Nahh, I've decided I have to wear both at once because they are too essential to my daily life. And I have a back-up watch in case one fails during the day! Just like my 5 back-up pens.

Back