-

In belgium there was a scientific study on "How to get rid of nuclear power plants?".

The answer, from highly regarded scientists, was "Right now, we can't!".

Even covering the land and a part of the sea with solar panels, wind turbines and making loads of tidal power plants, it would not produce enough energy.

So right now, we're stuck with nuclear power plant unless new technologies are available.

Last edited by a moderator:
In belgium there was a scientific study on "How to get rid of nuclear power plants?".

The answer, from highly regarded scientists, was "Right now, we can't!".

Even covering the land and a part of the sea with solar panels, wind turbines and making loads of tidal power plants, it would not produce enough energy.

So right now, we're stuck with nuclear power plant unless new technologies are available.

I fully agree.

But we can, in 30 years if we begin now.

Edit: And /some/ (probably all who have to be shut down because they are too old anyway) could be replaced solar/water/wind/etc for sure.

There is the blackout of Fukushima information.

fukushima-diary.com/ has the frequent information on Fukushima incident.

It is under the frequent attack. fukushima-diary.com/2011/11/who-are-they/ fukushima-diary.com/2011/12/im-hacked

There are the attacks on information sources. There is the enforcement of "business as usual." fukushima-diary.com/2011/10/breaking-news-tokyo-on-the-edge/

This is not the spam post. This is not the Iori Mochizuki. This is the caution from the information sources attack incidents.

Really? Looks like spam to me.

I mean, new poster, digging up an ancient topic, to post links to some random website?

Really? Looks like spam to me.

I mean, new poster, digging up an ancient topic, to post links to some random website?
Do not fear the shield from the bogus language. Fukushima is by no means an ancient topic.

The Tokio tap water will see the pollution from the mountain snow soon.

There is the increase of radiation incidents of the US.

There is the recent chance of the new criticality in the striken reactors. There is the recent increase of emmission from radioactive pollen.

The radioactive material may begin mixing into the earth's water.

Um, I was talking about the thread. You've dug up an ancient thread.

Old topic dug up by a newly-registered user, with the name specific to this topic, to link to post links about some site? Hmmm...

Doesn't need to be a bot to constitute spam. I've remove the active links because, whilst the information is relevant and may be of interest to forumites, we don't want the boards to unwittingly be part of their SEO strategy. The links are still there for interested human beings to follow.

Perhaps we should be grave-digging this sort of thing. Does anyone really know what's going on in Fukushima? I sure as hell don't. When this news fell out of vogue I totally forgot about it. This is always the case with potentially serious issues; the public get something else tasty to sink their apathetic "deary me that's not good" teeth into and off they go.

P.S. I work with guys who used to do this to forums for a living.

Back