512GB microSDXC card (not from SanDisk though)

Nintendo

Nintendo Switch
The card supports the UHS standard and promises transfer rates of up to 300MB/s. Older devices will go only half as fast though as the card is based on the SD 4.0 standard, which adds a second row of pins. Even if your reader doesn’t support the 4.0 standard, you’re still looking at around 150MB/s max speeds.

Microdia didn’t have a working card for the Computex demo in Taipei, but the Xtra Elite should go on sale next month. Sit down before you read the price – $1,000 or so (~€880/£650). For comparison a full-size 512GB SD is around $400-$500, SSDs of that capacity are under $200.
Special Sauce

By the time Pyra is released we'll probably have available...the maximum SDXC size card...2TB

gsmarena_001.jpg

While the capacity is impressive, I was more stunned at the Speed class rating... 2000x!!!  :eek:

That's like 3-4x what most "High End" SD cards can do. 

In 1 single card you can fit (compressed) the complete library of...

Game & Watch games

Gameboy games

Gameboy ADVANCE games

NES games

SNES games

VirtualBoy games

Nintendo 64 games

Nintendo DS games

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope so.

There are already 256GB ones for 150€.

The 99$ PNY card is not reliable.

Even if It contains only music and has nearly no writes some folders get lost from time to time.

Want to get a better brand.

yes, have you tried running H2testw on it? while PNY is not the best brand, losing folder like that sounds really strange...

Spring loaded uSD sockets mechanisms can be fun and troublesome, I had my 16GB uSD fly across the room when I didn't quite load the card all the way in.

While I don't doubt 512GB microsd currently cards exist on the planet somewhere, the fact this is *NOT* from sandisk, and is 4x sandisk's recent industry first to market 128GB capacity... I have to say I'm a bit skeptical. The price is also a bit insane, 10x that of the aforementioned.

I have never once heard of this microdia before, and the only products I can find by them are in extremely low capacity 4GB and 8GB etc and sold by way less than reputable retailers... this further enhances my skepticism.

I'm not going to buy at that price either way, but even if it was a reasonable yet still pretty high 4x cost of the sandisk offering for 4x the capacity I still wouldn't buy because of the shadiness of the whole thing.

*trying hard to ignore the microsd format haters*

Last edited by a moderator:
Back