3800mah Aas?

Gruntfuggly

Mostly Harmless
Website
www.zaonce.com
Has anybody tried the 380mah AA batteries currently on eBay? They don't look like a decent make, but it would be interesting to see how long they last... might take a chance myself...

They could be real but after 2800mah they start to get very big, way over the AA spec and might not fit in the GP2X.

There's absolutely no chance a 3800mah AA battery has been made. In fact, the highest out I'm aware of is a 2850mah and even it (an Ansmann) is hyped and actually rated at 2700mah in their spec sheet. You either found a scammer or a typo or are misreading things.

OK, This right here is a scam, come on people:
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-RECHARGEABLE-BATTE...5QQcmdZViewItem

Any 3000mah or higher batteries you see are scams, plain and simple. Dishonest sellers or manufacturers.

I have AA's of 2950 Mah, and I have tried a lot of batteries, but these have performed the best of all, they are no fakes if you ask me.. but I have been told 2950 is the limit..
I have never heard of 3800's, and I don't think such capacities are possible in AA format..

But there's one thing I learned.. Brands do not always tell whether a battery is good or not..
For example some brandless batteries can be really good, and (my experience) polish sony rechargeables are crap..
It's trial and error..

Best to stick purely with officially branded ones, then you don't get Chinese imitations or similar, which are not photo grade (although claimed to be) and don't work well.

I am using "C" cell ones in my project, 5500mAh NiMH cells, so it will be interesting to see when I have finished my project how long they last!

bacteria said:
Best to stick purely with officially branded ones, then you don't get Chinese imitations or similar, which are not photo grade (although claimed to be) and don't work well.

I am using "C" cell ones in my project, 5500mAh NiMH cells, so it will be interesting to see when I have finished my project how long they last!
Comming from the RC car world... I have a bunch of "sub-C" batterys, So if anybody is looking for some 3800mah, They deffinately have them in Sub C and it wouldn't be too reduculasly (SP MAJOR) Big.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guessed you (we) would all be pretty suspicious... I'm used to 3700, 4200 sub-C's from RC too, so I was quite surprised to find 3800 AA's! I have noticed there are 3200s available from Profitrex (sp?) who I have heard of before - and the seller has 100% feedback...

I currently use 2700 GP and Fujicells in my GP2X which seem to last pretty well....

You could use sub-C cells but they are longer than AA's and slightly thicker, so you would need to hack the GP2x rear case and mod a new enclosure to fit them. If you did this, you would have longer battery life and up to (I think) 4200mAh.

I've seen those batteries aswell and am very tempted to buy them. I've been trying to find some background information on the company and other sites mentioning them. So far I've come up with practically nothing, but I'll still probably end up buying them unless I find concrete evidence that they're a scam.

The seller has received positive feedback for 3800mah double A's by multiple sellers. I'm going to get 2x4 A's. When I get them I'll test them out and tell you if they're really 3800mah - if you're willing to wait the week it'll take to ship them to me :p

battery said:
I've seen those batteries aswell and am very tempted to buy them. I've been trying to find some background information on the company and other sites mentioning them. So far I've come up with practically nothing, but I'll still probably end up buying them unless I find concrete evidence that they're a scam.

The seller has received positive feedback for 3800mah double A's by multiple sellers. I'm going to get 2x4 A's. When I get them I'll test them out and tell you if they're really 3800mah - if you're willing to wait the week it'll take to ship them to me :p
You're wasting your money, there's no way a Chinese company could leapfrog everyone with a > 30% leap in performance. It's gonna end up being 2700mah at best.

Senor Quack said:
You're wasting your money, there's no way a Chinese company could leapfrog everyone with a > 30% leap in performance. It's gonna end up being 2700mah at best.
They're probably 1800 mah - there are some very similar looking 1800 mah batteries. very similar looking as in the 3 has been replaced by a 1..

I think I'll go with some 2700mah batteries.. still off ebay. :]

just outa curiosity - why would you use sub c batteries. The highest sub c I've seen was 4500mah. Why not just use two 2500 mah double a's?

Back