Hey there ible.
It's a really interesting small project. You're mentioning an intent to run it on GCW Zero. If you need any help with porting it to this platform, let me know :)
I am very curious about performance of Bullet on that device.
I don't have pkg-config in my toolchain, so I can't recompile, but I think this line in ui/sdl.c is the culprit:
sdl.c:886: setenv("SDL_VIDEODRIVER", "x11", 0);
Otherwise there is no explanation why
SDL_Init(SDL_INIT_VIDEO | SDL_INIT_NOPARACHUTE);
opendingux:/boot/local/test/qemu/bin # ./qemu-system-i386
Could not initialize SDL(No available video device) - exiting
That said, I never dealt with qemu before. Maybe we need to point it to /dev/fb0 or something
Or maybe because SDL backend implies 640x480?
Not yet. The QEMU support is not ready. We're having issues with running applications using sound with it at the moment. It should be also noted QEMU does not emulate JZ4770 and the rest of our hardware, but just a generic MIPS machine running our rootfs. While this is perfect for testing the...
The device is completely FOSS minus two details:
* GPU driver is binary only - we don't have the source code for it and we can't help much here. This driver is responsible only for gpu acceleration (gles), there is a separate driver that handles framebuffer video and that is fully opensource...
Our devteam had a little eduke32 match today:
List of players:
* zear (Poland)
* pcercuei (Chile)
* johnnyonflame (Brazil)
* qbertaddict (as Duke) (USA)
All participants playing on their GCW Zeros ;)
It works. Joystick control works as well.
Couple of things to address though:
* GCW uses an ext filesystem. Make sure the game recognises uppercase and lowercase variants of the datafiles
* iirc wolf4sdl had tons of different game data versions you could compile the game with. Make sure...
The controls are the same as in A320 OD, which is: http://wiki.dingooni...velopment#Input , with one small exception - in GCW X and Y buttons are swapped. New thing in GCW is the analog stick, which is controlled as a regular SDL joystick interface (joystick 0). G-sensor will be joystick 1...
Eventually all the Dingoo A320 stuff. But right now I can list the following:
* Sqrxz 3
* Worship Vector
* Dink Smallwood (freedink)
Ported, but still need some polishing:
* Duke Nukem 3D (eduke32)
* Shadow Warrior (jfshadow)
* Quake 1...