Had gotten a bit further. S2.exe was indeed the correct executable but this one failed too.
Eventually gave up on getting this running on the Pandora. Instead installed https://www.siedler25.org on a laptop. Nice trackpad two finger gesture support for smoothly zooming in/out.
No campaign. But...
Getting closer to the solution I think. I simply recorded the web app. Then looked at the recording, particular the command line parameters!
Dosbox starts with a special configuration line: Z:\>SET BLASTER=A220 I7 D1 H5 T6
And then launches not START.BAT but rather S2.EXE (which I guess is a...
The Archive.org Software Library for MS-DOS Games offers Die Siedler II.
You can play it right in the web browser. Worked just fine on a contemporary Desktop. This runs Dosbox as a WebAssembly app.
Also offers a ZIP archive download. Contains no ISO image of the CD. But seems to be the entirety...
Is this practically possible? Has someone already done it?
If so: With what emulators? With which network equipment (Pandora, network devices, NAS device)?
Benefits I have in mind:
1) Organize only once centrally and benefit from this on multiple devices. (Multiple Pandoras, or also different...
Pandafe as there launcher and Sega Genesis (Megadrive) ROMs run with PicoDrive work again (for me)
I use Pandafe as my launcher. Last published version 0.3.0.2-b464 from 2013-11-14
After I had updated PicoDrive to version 1.92 from 2017-10-14 launching Sega Genesis ROMs from within the Pandafe...
Hello after a long time,
Some of you may have known me as a very active community member in the early Pandora days.
I did a lot of voluntary software testing, evaluations/reviews and user experience design for the community back then.
I have not been active in the forums for years now.
Please feel free to post about any handheld electronic game (aka LCD games) from the 1980ies &1990ies, which featured Beethoven's Für Elise as its melody anywhere in the gameplay, that you are aware of. Thanks!
At best the full name of the game, manufacturer and the year of production. Links...
Also found that strange, as I guess that the filename is not regarded but rather an identifier in the ROM.
I had two different dumps in two different directories. Guess the issue was rather that I unknowingly loaded a bad ROM instead of the working one, as I start them via Pandafe.
First of all, hi again dear community after 3 years of Pandora usage and forum abstinence.
Wanted to play Super Mario Bros (NES) on GPFCE but it runs too fast.
What can I do to get closer to the original playback speed?
For comparison I looked at Youtube videos. There the countdown is clearly...
I reported that problem. To summarize it: PCSX ReARMed, as opposed to most other PNDs, encodes the version number into the filename pcsx_rearmed_rNN.pnd where NN is the version number. Therefore Pandafe has an outdated filepath to the PND.
Solution: Issue Pandafe's "Scan PNDs" command. Then the...
^ Thanks for this response as it takes my "community responsibility" of my shoulders.
From my side this issue is now both sufficiently reported and responded to. Thanks!
The developer has every possible cause & evidence available now,
and if time, need & will gets available, will deal with...
1) So if bad BIOS files can cause no side effects, it must have been
2a) the two identical external controllers (Logitech Wireless Rumblepad 2), or
2b) that I once activated "nubs as buttons", rescanned, then saved as global control config.
If you look at your code, are 2ab possible...
After removing the foreign files from bios/ pndrun obviously doesn't throw the bad BIOS file: errors anymore, but also the input: bad key: errors vanished!
Still possible that it was the external controllers legacy, but the immediate closeness of the 2 forementioned error lines makes me guess...
It appears it likely had to to with invalid files (rtf and txt) in bios/ causing that bug.
The bug was persistently kept once it occured and a pcsx.cfg existed, where it likely caused some corruption/exception. If a pcsx.cfg file got written written (even if you made no changes to the defaults...
I don't have any heavy modifications I'm aware of!
1) In Pandafe for the Playstation platform I added "bin" to the recognized ROM filetypes.
2) My ROM file structure is as follows, derived from this my own hint.