What are you playing this weekend/these days?

I’m playing;
God of War ~ this game is completely brain dead. Sucks shit.
Mario Kart Wii (ctgp, wiimfi) ~ I must admit after all these years, this just might be my most played series.
Perfect Dark (n64) - the best game with the worst controls.
Inertial Drift (ps4) - nice game with dual analog drifting. Seems incomplete though
Up next: Metroid Prime

I've been playing Fallout 1&2 on my phone thanks to the Android port of Fallout CE.

I've finished the first one. I realized I only remembered half the game so I wonder if I really had finished it when I first played it a few months after its release.
It's still fun, it still has a few obvious problems. What surprised me was how barebones it feels, especially at the beginning, and how it's really a middle step between the older cRPGs like Ultima and the ones that will come after.

I'm now playing the second one, which feels much more fleshed out and adresses some of the most glaring problems of the first game. I remember that there were some players who felt that the second game was too wacky, with too many pop-culture references, leading to a wildly different tone from the first game but playing them back to back I don't have this impression at all. The wackiness was already in the first one and on the pop culture references are mostly anecdotical. It does have a different tone, but I think it's more because the world has changed. While the first game was set in a Wasteland with a few scattered groups of survivors, the second one is set in a Wasteland with established communities that have been around for some time.

How do you use that on an N64?
I suppose you don't. Using a mouse and keyboard and getting better FPS does sound good though.

Edit: oh, wait. It does build a ROM. Is there something like Everdrive for the N64? Sounds like it would work on the console and not just using an emulator.

1715203021359.png

Checksum is as expected. WOW.

This is a ... game changer.

Last edited:
Reactions: rSl
Back