Unreal Tournament

no,

not open source => no port

not old enough => no realistical emulation possibilities...

not old enough => no realistical emulation possibilities...
Really? I'm sure I used to run this on a 486 (okay, with a lot of settings turned down). I might try QEmu'ing it, if I get time

Minimum

Recommended

Linux[11]

Operating System

Linux 2.2.x with glibc 2.1

CPU

Intel Pentium II

Memory

64 MB

128 MB

Hard Drive Space

550 MB of free space

Network

Internet connection required for online multiplayer

Windows[12]

Operating System

Windows 95 or higher

CPU

Intel Pentium 200 MHz

Intel Pentium II 266 MHz

Memory

32 MB

64 MB

Hard Drive Space

120 MB of free space

605 MB of free space

Network

Internet connection required for online multiplayer

Macintosh[13]

Operating System

Mac OS 7.6 or higher

CPU

PowerPC 603e 200 MHz or faster

Memory

64 MB

Hard Drive Space

120 MB of free space

(copied from wikipedia) it should be entirely possible to get it to run on a linux machine with the pandoras capabilities if it wan x86 or x64, but i didn't know because of the arm architecture if it would run.

Really? I'm sure I used to run this on a 486 (okay, with a lot of settings turned down). I might try QEmu'ing it, if I get time
I did too, I had a newer 486dx4 100mhz board that had a PCI slot that happened to work with my 3DFX Voodoo card, I could get Half-life and Unreal Tournament sort of playable on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
@flowen8, Hardware wise sure the Pandora should be able to handle the game.. the issue is that even though there was a Linux version of UT it only works on x86 based PCs. The source code isn't available to compile it to ARM. And I doubt Epic would ever do it for us. Emulating the game would take more resources than the Pandora has and would be very slow.

You can see the results of it here:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/IFN6GsXNwZ8?feature=oembed

On another side - is there some place that has good documentation on how that was set up in Qemu?

Was that the:

1.  DOS/Windows version running under QEMU?

Or was it:

2.  Linux compiled X86 version running under QEMU?

It is an important distinction.  I've been searching occasionally for an example of someone using QEMU to emulate a 32bit X86 Linux environment on an ARM Linux system - no luck so far.

I want to get the Neverwinter Nights native Linux X86 client running - even if I have to turn off all of the graphics but the chat box for server monitoring and administration.

On another side - is there some place that has good documentation on how that was set up in Qemu?

Was that the:

1.  DOS/Windows version running under QEMU?

Or was it:

2.  Linux compiled X86 version running under QEMU?

It is an important distinction.  I've been searching occasionally for an example of someone using QEMU to emulate a 32bit X86 Linux environment on an ARM Linux system - no luck so far.

I want to get the Neverwinter Nights native Linux X86 client running - even if I have to turn off all of the graphics but the chat box for server monitoring and administration.
I tried that (the QEMU  in usermode), but with no luck (just Segfault). I have to retry someday,

Well, since we got the Quake3-Engine already:

Please port

"Heavy Metal F.A.K.K. 2",

"Jedi Knight 2",

"Jedi Academy",

"Alice"

and "World of Padman"! :)

Pretty please?

Please port

"Jedi Knight 2",

"Jedi Academy",

"Alice"

Pretty please?
None of those are opensource. We have the engine but not the gamecode or any modifications those games need to run.

World of padman might be the only one as it is a direct q3 mod, but I am not sure if the code is still available or how dificult it would be to run it with the engine.

Please port

"Jedi Knight 2",

"Jedi Academy",

"Alice"

Pretty please?
None of those are opensource. We have the engine but not the gamecode or any modifications those games need to run.

World of padman might be the only one as it is a direct q3 mod, but I am not sure if the code is still available or how dificult it would be to run it with the engine.
WoP has a stand alone client now with the source code available. Source looks like a mess to work with though.. I think it can be ran as a Mod still though.. If it's like Urban Terror, I have my doubts it will work nicely with the quake3 port we have.

I guess I'm not lucky, my favorite fps ever are:

SiN

UT

HL

FUUUU!

There is hope,there is a Project for using part 3D Hardware using for Qemu.

Its called VMGL (google it ^_^ )

VMGL Use OpenGL Hardware for OpenGL in Qemu Guests.

But we have Open GL ES and this fits not right.

I dont know that anyone had tried it to Compile on the Pandora and

using LB OpenGL Reimplemention.

VMGL can give Qemu Guests 3D Acceleration :)

I think this was one of the reasons for lunixbochs to start his GL lib ;)

Then he must pair VMGL with the Qemu Version 0.1.51 the latest working Version we have.

Wow Qemu with 3D acceleration on Pandora is a Dream.

Cannot await excessive Tests when he Compile that in the Future. :)

That would be a blast ! =D maybe Virtua Fighter 2 PC under Win98 works fullspeed then.

Gosh ! I would have so much more stuff to test then :)

EDIT : ah wait ... If I remember right VF 2 PC was D3D ...

Back