The Communication Cube

Day eleven since the little ladies have first glimpsed light.
2024-04-30_Sämling_1.jpg

No only did start my fires back then whit Lighter or Match Sticks, whe had the challenge back then for the young boyscouts to start a fire whit max 3 Matchsticks..
I would have matches with me to start a fire. But I guess flint and steel can be hidden away in a backpack and it doesn't accidentally cause a fire. You usually also need some really (thin, flammable) dry stuff to start the fire with which you might not find in a forest. A lighter or matches just make it a bit easier to get a fire going. But if you build a shelter and have dry materials and just need something that can start a fire and last for a very long time I guess you can't beat a flint and steel.

I would have matches with me to start a fire. But I guess flint and steel can be hidden away in a backpack and it doesn't accidentally cause a fire. You usually also need some really (thin, flammable) dry stuff to start the fire with which you might not find in a forest. A lighter or matches just make it a bit easier to get a fire going. But if you build a shelter and have dry materials and just need something that can start a fire and last for a very long time I guess you can't beat a flint and steel.
The cores of dead branches are often bone dry. You just need a proper knife to do some batoning and shaving.

Back