Zx Spectrum: Selecting Options In Nemesis

GA01

Website
Visit site
Any ideas how to select the various options in Nemesis? Maybe this can be done by configuring the keys but is this not possible using the kempston joystick?

:)

Which emulator are you using? You need to use a virtual keyboard to select the options, in fZX you do this by pressing Select.

This game was written by a man in an office in Newton Abbot, Devon, above my Mums office and she managed to get me a free copy of it before it was released back in the mid-80's. It isn't that that great though and I think there are better versions of it for other systems (I am fairly sure there is a good PCE version that you can play on GPEngine). The same guy also did a fairly poor conversion of Jailbreak for the Spectrum.

I'm using fZX32 but I guess I can try it on ZXGP32 as selecting SELECT each time will become annoying after a while :).

The PCE version is probably the best (at the moment) but I love trying out the same game on different consoles/computers even though the spectrum version isn't as true to the original.

Nemesis runs fine in ZXGP32. You can map the 'B' button to the correct keyboard button for selecting options.

I was too lazy to find out which was the correct key, so I just mapped button 'B' to space, selected Sinclair 1 joystick and then redefined the keys within the game and pressed the appropriate direction/key as all worked fine.

That said, that specturm version of the game, as WhizzBang said, is rather pants.

Thanks Dave18, I didn't think of that. I'll give that a try :). Do you plan on adding ZIP support to a future release?

I may add support for ZIP sometime. It wasn't a high priority as Spectrum games are so small anyway.

I've got another release coming but that is only bug-fixes as I'm working on something else at the moment.

Back