Zelda Skin

Paradox

oh em gee
Website
Visit site
It's taken about 10 hours in total, but it's finally finished...

Main%20Zelda.png

Music%20Player%20Zelda.png

Settings%20Zelda.png

Download: my gp2x site

hope you like the skin.

did you ever see a animation of a opening chest in zelda lttp?

nice job, especialy as it is done in paint, you could have saved yourself a lot of work by useing a better software :)

How the hell did you do that in paint? It doesn't save files as .png (?)

(Nice job, BTW)

Last edited by a moderator:

(Nice job, BTW)
I dont know what version of windows your using, but in XP (Im using pro sp2) it does indeed save in png format.

Anyway, nice job, its a really good skin.

Well shut my mouth and color me now informed :lol:

(I rarely use XP, I'm on Win2Kpro here at work and at home.)
Well, you know the saying, the older the version of windows the better (XP aint that bad, besides the fact that im able to rape it apart and crash it on command lol.)

yay! I've got a friend who's nutzors about zelda, when this is done and on the gp2x he's gonna frikkin explode!

EDIT: Not that that would be a good thing... :p

well, i like ms paint, its simple and easy to use, unlike paint shop pro, which just seems to be cluttered with so many useless tools i dont need and i dont even know how to draw in pixels in paint shop pro, only thing paint is missing is the ability to add transparanecy to PNGs, had to use PSP for that.

ill try finish this today but i think i might be coming down with an ear infection...damn

Why don't you try the GIMP?
EDIT: Hah, I'm the fastest poster here :p

well, i like ms paint, its simple and easy to use, unlike paint shop pro, which just seems to be cluttered with so many useless tools i dont need and i dont even know how to draw in pixels in paint shop pro, only thing paint is missing is the ability to add transparanecy to PNGs, had to use PSP for that.

what about GIMP? i'm a complete graphics noob (not knowing what an alpha channel was and such), but i can use it alright (albeit for making gngeo script icons XD). plus its free..

EDIT: haha! snap xD, i was beaten to it. quel coincidence..

ill try finish this today but i think i might be coming down with an ear infection...damn

Yeah honestly even adobe paintshop has alot of garbage in it and it took me forever howto use the paint bucket :p Stupid layers!

a lot of the stuff in photoshop is pretty useful, even for pixel art, like layers & blending options. for instance, you want to draw a window and have it sort of transparent but colored blue...you don't have to scratch your head coming up with different shades of blue, you just draw it on a separate layer and change the opacity. also, i like the fact that you can move a drawing on a layer over one pixel by hitting one of the arrow keys.

to draw pixels you would use the pencil tool, not sure what the analog is in psp but i know the gimp is very similar.

alright. ive "finished" the skin.

the utility icons somehow fucked up and arent in the right place they should be...and i rushed the tv out menu...but its taken me about 9 hours...

ill fix it up later or another day

here it is anyway.

http://deep.phpwebhosting.com/~paradox/upl...elda%20Skin.rar

actually i dont know why the utility icons have fucked up, they look perfectly fine on the windows skin tester...but mess up on the 2x...

if anyone has any idea why the icons look fine in the windows skin thing but seem to be lower down on the actual 2x....let me know

(Nice job, BTW)
I dont know what version of windows your using, but in XP (Im using pro sp2) it does indeed save in png format.

Anyway, nice job, its a really good skin.

Awesome skin, you should of saved time though and used better software like people said, and psymastr is right, in xp with sp2 you can save png images in paint

Personally I like The Gimp but I have been watching people use it for a few years now... I used it to make my Calculator skin.

Personally, i'd rather use photoshop. The Gimp is just extremely queer to me going from what im used to. there are also some tools in photoshop - basic ones - that are not present in The Gimp.

You guys have to remember, The Gimp was not made to compete with any other editor, but rather as a joke/spare time project(moreso then other open projects).

Pretty good progress for a spare time project eh?

edit: sp.

Back