YouTube Snake [easter egg]

Fzero

Advanced Member
I'm guessing some of you will know this, but I only just found this and by mistake whilst waiting for a show I'm watching to load...

The classic Snake game built into the YouTube videos.

When watching a YT video, click on the timeline somewhere up near the end of the clip, to a part that hasn't yet loaded, and you get the 'spinning wheel' icon....

...You can then use your arrow-keys to control the Snake, there are dots of food to collect too, just like the classic version.

That was all, just info for anyone else who didn't see this already :)

Not sure if you can get a good high score though...

Yeah I thought was pretty cool too ... even though I was a bit annoyed my video was taking so long buffering, then I just triggered this Snake game off and all was forgiven.

I refreshed page - after playing Snake for a few mins - then the clip loaded fine.

Surprised I hadn't noticed it earlier though, seems to have been existing a while and I'm on YT watching something every day.

That's cool.

I noticed this some days ago:

When loading a video on Pandora the loading circle did something strange when pressing the D-Pad.

I didn't notice that you can control this thing and play snake :) .

Great information.

You get some :) :) .

Last edited by a moderator:
:) :) accepted with pleasure, cheers

I'm looking to get a full screen Snake going on ... Like I used to get on my old Nokia 3310 back in the days when this was the best game on my mobile

Last edited by a moderator:
Back