Your Homebrew Situation...

What do you plan to do with your current homebrew systems?

• Sell my GP32

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sell my GP2X

• Sell my PSP

• Sell my DS/gba

• I am going to keep my system(s) ;p

• I don't have one :(

• Total voters

OMars

Website
Visit site
So because the lack of new software for the current systems and the new systems coming out, I've decided to make this thread for everybody.

It would be quite interesting to see what people's plans are for their homebrew situation. Are you going to stay in this scene and get the new consoles? Are you sticking with your old consoles?

So, let the poll commence.

i will be keep all my systems if i ever sell a system i always regret it later and end up buying another one lol. hopefully 2x homebrew releases will pickup with the release of the f200. as for the systems i will probably buy them all (im not loaded though :( so i wont eat for a few months to raise the money) you can never have enough systems. mainly excited about the craiginator :p. i doubt the f800 will ever see the light of day, would be nice if it but i dont see it happening.

Me leaving the scene...
I got very exiting time making FleshChasmer I : The Eve & FleshChasmer Zero.

I have just bought NDSl ;p
But after some vacation I will turn my skills and abilities for develop games for PC. And plan for buying PSP

I think buying "Craginutor" or F200 is just a waste of Gold Pieces

People are getting too worked up over the "lack of new releases" recently. We had a ton of releases for the GP2X compo a little while ago. School started too. This is just a dry spell. It just happens. Sit back and enjoy what you have now. My guess is more is coming.

I don't have one :(

I'm waiting for the Craiginator!

8) lol

I'd like to get involved in something here, later. No programming skill whatsoever, and I don't even know where to begin, it may end up as graphics/music contributions only.. whatever. Anyone care to point me in the right direction as to getting on the ladder? what the hell should I do?

i never sell any console are game i have bought..i even have every single gaming mag i have bought...im a fanatic collector of everything game related......

Dunno where this panic is coming from, it's not very constructive; although I know that's not your intention.
The last competition just generated an unnatural high followed by an unnatural low and it takes some time to recover. It takes many people more than a couple of months to knock up a new game; we don't all have hours of spare time to devote to it despite wanting to.
I'll keep the gp2x and hang around until the end (that's what I did with the Atari STe and had some good times :)).
I definitely won't be rushing out to get the latest hardware when (if) ever it's released - my life doesn't revolve around such things any more.
EDIT - yeah I also hang onto all the old hardware I've bought - not worth selling on.

Between the GP2Xa and the PSP damn near everything I want to play is playable at this point besides Zelda OoT.

I am selling my MK1, getting an Mk2 (mainly because it like a 20 dollar difference) and waiting to see what the verdict is on the F-200.

After that I'll save my pennies for the "new machine" and see what happens.

The thing is I dont really want or need to spend any money on getting into the next console generation because I dont have the time to spend at home playing one, so I can easily justify the expense on the handheld side of things. 80% of the money is comming from clearing out the dead wood from my console collection from last gen anyhow.

Well, I'm gonna hang on to my '2x (it's a mk2 and clocks to 300mhz don't you know!)

And I will savour and appreciate the stuff we're getting now (most recently Valhalla and the Amstrad emu upgrade - woo!)

Come the hour, I will purchase this "Craig" device you all talk about, and judge it from my throne. If it bests the 2x in aesthetics, software, and pickupandplayability it shall become my travel buddy. And the 2x shall rest until the foretold retro crisis of 2032. If it fails, it shall be cast into the pit known as Ebay, where the goblins shall claim it as their own.

Lol.

I will keep my GP2X when/if Craiginator can run GP2X programs... Then I will pitch it.

As poor as I am I could never sell my gp32 or my gp2x(though I don't know who would want it its in pieces). I still play my snes and dieing nes when I feel like it. I dont think I could get rid of the systems even knowing I can play the games on an emulator or something.

Voted I will keep my systems. I have a good collection built up over the years and although I don't use the older ones much its good to keep them to look back on and have a quick play now and again.

I will be deciding if I will keep working on my new game over the weekend. I asked for help creating new ideas for the game a few weeks back and only got two replies (although much appreciated) so it hasn't improved my enthusiasm for continuing work on it. So if I don't go ahead with development I am effectively not making any more homebrew on the GP2X due to lack of interest.

How about a poll on what sort of homebrew people would like and a competition (no prize)
to see who can do the best one before jan 1st (or some date)?
Nice to have some friendly rivalry on the board??
Half the problem is coming up with ideas...

kevcal said:
How about a poll on what sort of homebrew people would like and a competition (no prize)
to see who can do the best one before jan 1st (or some date)?
Nice to have some friendly rivalry on the board??
Half the problem is coming up with ideas...
You might be interested in this thread then:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?act=S...=41&t=38940

Last edited by a moderator:
So, right now the majority of people on this forum will keep their current systems, but they intend to get at least one of the new systems? I thought this would be split more down the middle than this. I actually thought one side would opt to stick their gp2x's or F200's and the other would move on and get a craiginator, but that is not the case. I guess it's because of the disappointment that you members have faced with GPH's systems and support.

Let's continue the poll further and see what the stats show later. A lot of people have voted, but there aren't many posts on this thread. Let's see some more of your opinions/plans, guys!

keeping my gp2x mk2 + psp. not buying anything new at all.

I still plan on releasing my CRPG for GP2X. I see no point in upgrading. (psp homebrew is too hard + volatile to do).

I see no point in upgrading form F100 to F200.

OMars said:
So, right now the majority of people on this forum will keep their current systems, but they intend to get a tleast one of the new systems? I thought this would be split more down the middle than this. I actually thought one side would opt to stick their gp2x's or F200's and the other would move on and get a craiginator, but that is not the case. I guess it's because of the disappointment that you members have faced with GPH's systems and support.

Let's continue the poll further and see what the stats show later. A lot of people have voted, but there aren't many posts on this thread. Let's see some more of your opinions/plans, guys!
Right, like you suggest... how people vote now doesn't necessarily have anything to do with their future actions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted "I don't have one" because I'm not sure if the Dreamcast would be considered under "I'm going to keep my system" however, I also voted "I'm just going to stick with my current console, and hope for the best. I don't want to waste my money."

Back