Yet More Xroar

Thank you sixxie!!!
Can't wait to finish work and try this out!
You have a good day sixxie ;)
I concur about Guru!(I was meaning give sixxie Guru...how did I get guru?)
Also, sixxie what is the SEX bug and how did you fix it?

Last edited by a moderator:
From v0.9a to v0.10... isn't there a small logical mistake? :)
0.10 isn't a decimal float, it's a version number.
And should be v1.0 shouldn't it?
major version 0, minor version 10. is that so hard to understand?
Nope, it isn't. Just didn't realise it worked like that. Still seems weird to have a smaller number for a later release but meh.

I have been playing this for ages last night and i must say it's played everything i'v thrown at and i only just relised there is a option to turn dos off to get cas images working :)

thanks sixxie :)

I agree he should become a guru as i have 1 for whatever reason i have it :)

:ph34r:

Thank you sixxie!!!
Can't wait to finish work and try this out!
You have a good day sixxie ;)
I concur about Guru!(I was meaning give sixxie Guru...how did I get guru?)
SEX bug? I am not sure I want to know about this one. :lol:

Really annoyingly simple. SEX is an opcode meaning "Sign EXtend B into A", ie, A is filled with the sign bit of B (thus making the combined register D (of which A forms the upper 8 bits and B the lower) be the 16-bit 2s complement equivalent of 8-bit register B).

Here's the diff:
- reg_d = sex(reg_a);
+ reg_d = sex(reg_b);

I am a fool ;)

For more info: http://catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/S/SEX.html, sense 2.

(Edit: What's most curious to me is how few games seem to use the instruction...)

Really annoyingly simple. SEX is an opcode meaning "Sign EXtend B into A", ie, A is filled with the sign bit of B (thus making the combined register D (of which A forms the upper 8 bits and B the lower) be the 16-bit 2s complement equivalent of 8-bit register B).

Here's the diff:
- reg_d = sex(reg_a);
+ reg_d = sex(reg_B);

I am a fool ;)

For more info: http://catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/S/SEX.html, sense 2.

(Edit: What's most curious to me is how few games seem to use the instruction...)
Well, I'm baffled :blink: :unsure: :rolleyes: :D

Interesting, I didn't know there was a SEX opcode in ARM. I only know about LDRH / STRH and it's derivatives.
Ah no, this bug wasn't in ARM, this was in the emulated 6809 core (which is all C) :)

Although as you point out, you do have LDRSH and LDRSB, for signed loads of bytes and halfwords which kinda does the same thing. You can also do it to a current register (no load) with two shifts, first logical shift left so top bit = sign bit, then arith shift right same amount. Something like that anyway. Really must actually write some ARM one of these days ;)

Back