Yet Another Quick Review

Slobu

Still Fresh
Had my Pandora (Premium) for over a month now.

Premium did indeed take longer than 7 days but was within reason for an online order. I'd change this to 14 days for those with high expectations when paying premium.

Wireless is shot. Hoping without reason that it's a software issue that will be fixed with a new OS/Firmware update. Not enough testing here.

Never, ever got over 4 hours of battery life. I'm starting to think that this is because the battery cover has too much leeway so the battery loses contact. I've got a coin shoved between the cover and battery near the contacts and it seems to help. Maybe put a foam sticker under the cover to reinforce contact with, er, the contacts?

Installing apps is easy but not at all obvious. I kept searching for info or an app to allow installation but never found it. Eventually figured out which directory to put the packages and all was well. Maybe a sheet of paper with notice of the exact folder to drop applications to? Maybe I didn't notice that such a sheet was already included. If so, clearer wording is in order.

Big disappointment on the TV adapter. The general feel near the time I bought is "new stock soon" or "coming soon". Now the people who can make it happen have gotten disgruntled and refuse to speak of it further. This was a major selling point for me. Might I suggest better collaboration between OpenPandora and the enthusiast starting to make their own alternatives?

Pandora is all about the steady stream of applications and a usable keyboard. This is worth the $500 dollars. I really hope things continue to improve. I love my Pandora but I deal with what should have been better every day. Hopefully feedback will help improve the user experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
the 7 day thing is shipped in 7 days, not received in 7 days, although there were some holdups lately, apologize for that. alse the reason for holdups were because of faulty wifi, could just be that you didnt turn it on in software? there shouldnt be anything you could do to make it under 4 hours , no idea on that one. little is obvious with pandora, but we're here to help, and theres many videos to show you the ropes. tv out cables were always a problem, orders from the community have just started, theres a pinned thread in general talk section if interested. any other problems, please ask away in a respectable manner, everyone here is happy to help

Yep. Wifi on. Tried several wireless networks and routers. Encrypted and not. I just got one of the bum wireless hardware.

The battery issue seems to be it loses contact with the Pandora. Freaked me out the first time it happened. Thought I had bought a $500 dollar plastic brick.

It's nice to know there's community support. Not really asking for help. Just posting so future buyers can be better informed. Also added a little feedback for the OpenPandora people after each gotcha I mentioned.

I guess I'll add 2 other suggestions while I'm here:

1. Whether the OpenPandora people break down and buy the large order of cables or collaborate with other enthusiasts I'd be willing to pay a "premium" rate for TV cables.

2. Instead of a Pandora 2 maybe a desktop version using the PandaBoard.

Back