Yay, Finally Ordered Gp Cinema

RoboJoe32

What's the EASIEST to use program to convert files? Or is there a program where I can download a preset that's tailored just for GP32? And can it convert non-divx files to divx?

Okaaay....Got done installing Xvid and Divx codecs (latest) But I see no video compression option for them....

Geez i'm inept at these kinds of things.

Edit: Nevermind, I got the hang of it, It worked like a dream :D thanks for the help guys.

New problem arises!

I can watch episodes of beavis and butthead and such with no problem... (You can criticise my taste laster ;) ) but for say... a fast moving movie or music video, I get image artifacts and blocks.... What do I change to correct this?

RoboJoe32 posted on Feb 7 2004 at 07:13 PM said:
New problem arises!

I can watch episodes of beavis and butthead and such with no problem... (You can criticise my taste laster ;) ) but for say... a fast moving movie or music video, I get image artifacts and blocks.... What do I change to correct this?
Have you got your GP32 set to 133mhz in GPcinema?

Beavis and Butthead rock! B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, 133 MHZ (and I can OC it, but it doesn't remove the blocks) I defied the guide a bit and raised the audio quality, the video moves just fine, it's just the weird artifacting that bothers me....

(and, how do I get a higher frame rate without making the audio and video go out of whack?)

Divx 4.12 ONLY
The artifacts you see are maybe there because you are using another version
go on joyGP to DL the correct codecs

see you :lol:

BTW : Beavis and Butthead rocks :)

yes, it's the low bitrate. if it would be the wrong version of the codec, chances are it wouldn't work at all. try increasing video bitrate (and decreasing audio bitrate if this makes it any slower).

Hm, I did do that.

Bit-rate 164 (*shrug* runs fine on my GP) and i've tried 128 and 100 respectively, no real difference except a bit less quality as it went lower.

I'm using the Xvid codec from the entware site, that could be the issue... (I can't find divx. 4.12 anywhere :blink: even my trusty google and file mirrors have let me down.)

NOOOO! DAMN YOU .ASF FORMAT!!! (many many files i've downloaded are using this) Virtual dub won't open it at all <_< God, microsoft is so lame.... (huge message about law and microsoft and ASF patent) Ah well... I supposed it'd be violating a rule if I asked if there is something that converts ASF.

iv recently had the same problem, only even hacked virtualdub had problems. i recomend u use tmpgenc to change the file to a workable mpg file and go on from there.

If you want to open .ogg and .mkv files (especially useful If you want to convert anime dubs/multisubs) Then virtualdubMOD is good. Only annoying thing is having to extract the required audio track to WAV first. Still can't find a way around it.

If you can find an old download of vdub version 13c it came out _before_ the microsoft crack down on conversion out of .asf so it'll load 'em up fine. Jace

Back