Ya'll Want A Single Say F*ck That!

NssOne

I am One with the DarkNss
Website
www.gp32us.com
You all should check out the video for KoRn's song 'Y'all want a single'. It's on Yahoo's LaunchCast. It makes some interesting points on the record industry during the video. I thought it might be nice with our semi-recent "discussion" on file-sharing and mp3s and such.

fuck

edit: Why did you censor your own post, you fucking cock sucking shit eating cunt jabbing ass slamming bitch slapping whore loving retard?

Swiss_Cheeseman posted on Apr 27 2004 at 03:40 AM said:
fuck

edit: Why did you censor your own post, you fucking cock sucking shit eating cunt jabbing ass slamming bitch slapping whore loving retard?
I`d take that as a compliment, It probably the last one you`ll get from swiss. :D :p

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh. The song's cheap, but I like the "boom, boom, boom, boom." bit :p

KoRn are as much to blame as anyone for ruining the record industry. After the first album they have sat around making crap after crap-when you compare Did my Time to stuff like Faget the former is embrassingly bad.

Well, they made the song cheap on purpose. You ever listen to the lyrics? They comment on the recording industry in the song and in the video. EVen though I believe they went downhill since Life Is Peachy, I still gotta give them props for this one.

The quality of the lyrics is awful IMHO; "What's going on today? We've got to break away." Not my cup of tea.

Ironic that, I as sit here I'm wearing a Follow the Leader Hoody:p

Mark posted on Apr 27 2004 at 02:32 AM said:
The quality of the lyrics is awful IMHO
EXACTLY! IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE THAT WAY!

They make a corny, cheesy song to comment on the way a lot of artists are making songs like that just to sell the singles. Watch the video and listen to the song, you'll understand.

NssOne posted on Apr 27 2004 at 09:26 AM said:

They make a corny, cheesy song to comment on the way a lot of artists are making songs like that just to sell the singles. Watch the video and listen to the song, you'll understand.
Just as a side-note to the message of the song: That's pretty much the same message as Manson's "This is the New Shit".

Didn't actually notice the message in the song, but I was "annoyed" over how hard it's been for me to get the fucking chorus out of my f'cking head. But I think the album grows on you (recently borrowed it from the local library)... Specially "Right Now!".

About Korn: I generally like them a more, than the mainstream nu-metal that's been growding the list a lot lately (generally!). I do however think their Albums are very varying in quality. As an example I just can't recall ANY song from "Issues", where most of the other at least had two really good ones.

I read an article about them from their previous album, where they actually commented on the record-industry and mp3's. They basicly said to copy away - as artist their view on the matter is that if their music is more widely spread, their fan-base will become bigger.

As for the genre - I think they were the first.

Ringo posted on Apr 27 2004 at 02:40 PM said:

Just as a side-note to the message of the song: That's pretty much the same message as Manson's "This is the New Shit".

Didn't actually notice the message in the song, but I was "annoyed" over how hard it's been for me to get the fucking chorus out of my f'cking head. But I think the album grows on you (recently borrowed it from the local library)... Specially "Right Now!".

About Korn: I generally like them a more, than the mainstream nu-metal that's been growding the list a lot lately (generally!). I do however think their Albums are very varying in quality. As an example I just can't recall ANY song from "Issues", where most of the other at least had two really good ones.

I read an article about them from their previous album, where they actually commented on the record-industry and mp3's. They basicly said to copy away - as artist their view on the matter is that if their music is more widely spread, their fan-base will become bigger.

As for the genre - I think they were the first.
To be honest, It's not hard for KoRn to write a cheesy song anymore. 'Did my time' and 'right now' are Godawful; horrible, horrible songs.

And yeah I'd say they really started Nu-Metal, along with Faith No More:)

Dont you mean Korny?

jesus christ. imo korn are one of the worst bands ever, behind feeder though :p . Korn are as much to blame for the downfall of music industrey as westlife. Why have we no bands like Led Zeppelin or Stiff Little Fingers anymore? You want some thing good? Listen to them two or Rancid. But this is just my opinion.

Yay, you guys all bashing nu-metal.

This was not a thread on bashing music, musicians, songs, or genres. Please stop being like this. I just wanted people to know about this song. You don't have to critique it as a song as whole, just listened to its content and watch the video. Notice the structure of it, the way they made it just like typical cheesy popular songs. I was not saying it was a great song and a everybody should worship korn and the song, just to listen to it.

Anyways, Peace.

Back