Yafl Cfg File...

Axeman

Axemeister
Website
Visit site
Right - I've resorted to askign about this cos it's driving me round the bend.

I'm trying to use the YAFL catagories thing by modifying the yafl.cfg file, but it's just not working.

my cfg file now looks like this....

[Emulators]
#
Castaway.fxe
fGEN32.fxe
fGB32.fxe
fMSX32.fxe
fNES32a.fxe
Frodo.fxe
fsms32.fxe
fWS32b.fxe
GigaDriv165.fxe
gpadv.fxeGPengine.fxe
ljGP021.fxe
OS9Xgp.fxe
[Games]
#
Chess156.fxe
Electron.fxe
giana090.fxe
gpastrds.fxe
GPPang.fxe
GPSquares.fxe
XRICK.FXE
[Apps]
#
fw.fxe

Thing is, when I go to the catagory selector in YAFL, I just get emulators, then a gap in the menu, then Unsorted and All.

When I select Emulatores, I get a blank YAFL screen....

Never used catagories before, but noone else seems to be having any problem...!!!!

Waaaaaaah!

HELP!

So it looks like this?

blank
blank
Emulators
blank
blank
blank
Unsorted
Settings

instead of

All
Games
Emulators
Apps
Demos
Misc
Unsorted
Settings

Try reinstalling it then when you organize it press select on the program icon, press A, change directory, then move it to the section you want.

Ive never had this problem so I cant really help you with it, this is just what I did, and it works for me.

(One of) my yafl.cfg's looks like this:

[Games]
GPSPOUT.FXE
ICY.FXE
MCHESS.FXE
PERFECT.FXE
ROTTV10.FXE
#
[Emulators]
FGB32.FXE
FGEN32.FXE
FSMS32.FXE
GPENGINE.FXE
LJGP32~1.FXE
OS9XGP.FXE
SPECCYAL.FXE
#
[Apps]
GPKASH.FXE
PHODRIVE.FXE
LAZY.FXE
#
[Demos]
#
[Misc]
CLOCKTST.FXE
GPUSBJOY.FXE
#
0^0^4^1

So maybe you need to put the #'s after the fxe's you list in each category instead of before.

You may also need the line at the bottom, although I have a feeling it just related to the position of the last selected item or the like. May still be needed for the file to be read properly though.

Also it needs to be edited/saved in something that supports Unix style text file formatting, as the yafl.cfg file seems to use a single LF (line-feed) character i.e. you can't save the file in notepad as Windows will use CR-LF for a newline in the file. Any good text editor should let you save using Unix style file formatting though.

[EDIT] Also, instead of editing the file by hand, just do what Jr2swiss said and press Select followed by A while over a file and you will be able to set its category. (You might need to delete yafl.cfg beforehand if it's got too messed up).

I just wrote a yafl.cfg file, containing this only (no Games category, no line at bottom):

[Emulators]
GPENGINE.FXE
LJGP32~1.FXE
OS9XGP.FXE
#
[Apps]
GPKASH.FXE
LAZY.FXE
#
[Demos]
#
[Misc]
CLOCKTST.FXE
#

I used Crimson editor for Windows, and set file-formatting to Unix style. I then saved it, copied it over the one already on my SMC, and it worked fine; all categories listed, correct fxe's in their corresponding categories, etc.

I think as long as the #'s are after the fxe's you list in each section, and as long as you save using Unix style linefeeds/formatting, then it will work fine (But doing it from within Yafl is still quicker/easier). Also, I expect the #'s are needed as Yafl will look for them to determine when a section/category's entries have ended and thus a new section/category has began, in the cfg file.

I do believe he is referring to pressing Select over a certain program in YAFL, and then pressing A to change to catagory

Although personally I prefer unsorted . . . a few seconds less of fumbling.

Ya know? I didnt even know you could do it actually in YAFL itself....

Well... did that after, cos everything I tried with editing the file directly ended up the same way, even saving as Unix format etc etc.

Ah well!

Yeah, I never knew it before I was trying to do it on the pc but I thought there had to be some way doing it on the Gp32. Wouldn't make sense if there wasn't, well it would be would be more inconvenient. :p