xfce file manager cannot dive into subdir?

cosurgi

http://janek.kozicki.pl/
Website
janek.kozicki.pl
Hi,

I rarely use xfce file manager, because I prefer midnight commander. But this problem occurs actually from the beginning, and still isn't fixed in hotfix 5 (full reflash). I just never bothered to post about that.

When I open file manager I can dive into subdir only one level deep - the usual way - by clicking, or pressing enter on directory. But then I cannot dive further, it just ignores my keypresses and stays in current directory. how weird.

Last edited by a moderator:
Use 'Icon' view as Alerino says. Very annoying bug as I am always wanting to use the detail view. Although I have gotten used to it 'Icon View' seems a bit noddy to me :)

I'm not sure if this is fixed in HF6, it must (famous last words) surely be on the table as lots of people have reported it.

May I ask if Icon view for most folks, has PND files appear only as blue diamonds?

As at one point recently when my SD and NAND install simultaneously went south, Thunar was displaying PND files by the actual embedded icon like the desktop does and it was rather nice (less DULL). I would have got a screenshot of it but that was borked by the other issues.

Cheers I thought that was the default. Thunar was doing it wherever you were browsing (Insert Alerino pic of chicks and bumper stickers now) though :D

Back