Xbox Scorpio

I wonder how many people actually play their console on 4K Output devices. I play all my consoles on my full hd video projector, so neither of the new beefed up versions of the ps4 or the xbone are really exiting to me.

I wonder how many people actually play their console on 4K Output devices. I play all my consoles on my full hd video projector, so neither of the new beefed up versions of the ps4 or the xbone are really exiting to me.

I personally don't, as I have no devices that can output to 4K, so no need for a TV. Also, my current HD TV are fine, so unless one breaks some time soon, I have no plans to upgrade any time soon either.

As for my friends who all game on Live and PSN, they actually all have 4K TV's. So while I don't think the upgrade is growing as fast as HD did originally, there is a smaller segment who want's the latest and greatest, and I guess this system is made for them. MS has more money than they know what to do with, and I think more than anything, this system is a middle finger to Sony for stealing their thunder this current gen. And since the PS Pro, wasn't that well received, MS is showing what they can do. I don't know that it will really make them much money, if any, but I don't really think that was their point.

My current plan is to get a PS4 slim this holiday, if I can get a good enough deal, and in that situation, the ONE is probably years away for me if then, so maybe by that time, I can get the Scorpio cheap as well. When you have a backlog like I do, buying new systems makes no sense what so ever. LOL

Chris

Another XBox?

super-meh-11140.gif

Have to say I'm intrigued.. but as i suspect is going to be the case for most atm it's 4K capability isn't going to be a consideration (at least until the displays/content become common (sensibly priced!) nice to have the future proofing though. The fact that all kinds of graphical bells & whistles/performance upgrades, resolution up-scaling etc will be applied to the backwards compatible 360/XBOne games is what is going to appeal to most in the here and now I'd say.. the fact remains though that they just haven't had the games for quite a few years now & the multi format ones have generally looked/performed worse on the Xbone.
As always though it's gonna come down to the content & I'd say in recent years the Xbox has become synonymous with generic (boring?) games, far too much online centric Gears, Forza, Halo type stuff.. where is all the interesting indies & fun single player stuff?
I'm not too optimistic, particularly for the price it will be released at. The Xbox brand seriously needs to raise it's profile as it has been struggling lately & I can't think think of a much better way than offering a state of the art gaming box with unique/interesting content that is very aggressively priced.. over to you Microsoft!

Last edited:
Back