Xbak A Engine For Betrayal At Krondor

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
(please dont upload to main news yet)

Hi all,

Ive been watching a port in progress for BAK for a little while now and have always thought a port could be done on the GP2X. Well i finally decided to take a dive into it.

With some minor tweaks I was able to compile the application with the devkitGP2X (open2x compiles too)
Its also running in the windows build, although it stops when it looks for the data it needs.
The engine works by using the data files from the CD, I dont have those with me at the moment. So i cant test the full functionality of the program. I would like to try it later tonight.

So in summary this looks very good. Once i get a little more familiar with how XBak works I think I can add GP2X controls. If i remember right I think most the controls were through the mouse.
Remember this engine isnt done yet so its not a playable game yet.

XBak homepage: XBak

Like Dungeon Master, I believe everything can be done through the mouse but its usually played, and much quicker, to use one hand on the directional keys to move around with. I always assumed games like this would have the four buttons as the d-buttons, the stick as the mouse and L1 and R1 as the mouse buttons. Using select to open the menu screen for saves etc.

Back