Release X-Com: Terror From The Deep


M-HT

Very Active Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2007
Messages
637
Location
Bratislava
Website
github.com
Hi,

I finished porting my static recompilation of X-COM: Terror from the Deep to Pandora.

Download it here:
Archive
Repo

Original DOS X-COM: Terror from the Deep is required for playing.

Forum topic for newer releases is here.

Edit (06.11.2011):
X-COM: Terror from the Deep was updated to version 1.2.0 with the following changes:
* MIDI playback using WildMIDI
(old MIDI playback using SDL_mixer can be set in the configuration file)
* show the Readme in the Documentation submenu
 
Last edited:

god_at_hell

Certified Guru
Staff member
Joined
Jan 5, 2004
Messages
1,308
Age
38
Location
Aachen - Germany
Website
Visit site
Cool :-D
I'll test it right away.

Thx for all the static recompilations. Every time I see a new thead from you, I get grin on my face :)

May I ask: What is your next target and would "Master of Orion" be feasible?
 

Blue Protoman

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2010
Messages
4,119
How the hell do you do it? And what's stopping you from doing certain games?
 

bagmouse7

Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2004
Messages
299
More awesomeness from M-HT!!!

I just played a game and it is working great.
Thanks again M-HT!
 

mcobit

Advanced Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2008
Messages
6,910
What you are doing here is pure magic. Thanks for that!
 

Hitnrun

Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2008
Messages
427
god_at_hell said:
Cool :-D
I'll test it right away.

Thx for all the static recompilations. Every time I see a new thead from you, I get grin on my face :)

May I ask: What is your next target and would "Master of Orion" be feasible?

One more vote to Master of Orion 1.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Joined
Feb 8, 2009
Messages
1,086
Hey great!
So much to try out these days. :)

(You got me dreaming... Would it somehow be possible to make such a static recompile that would run a t a decent speed of Frontier: First Encounters? That would be so awesome!)
 

M-HT

Very Active Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2007
Messages
637
Location
Bratislava
Website
github.com
god_at_hell said:
Cool :-D
May I ask: What is your next target and would "Master of Orion" be feasible?
I have no more static recompilations to port and I'm not planning to statically recompile other games at the moment - I'll be working on other projects.
Master of Orion is not possible recompiling using my approach.


Blue Protoman said:
How the hell do you do it? And what's stopping you from doing certain games?
Lots and lots of work. Only certain games are possible to recompile using my approach - generally they have to use dos extender, can't use self modifying code, ...
 
Last edited by a moderator:

god_at_hell

Certified Guru
Staff member
Joined
Jan 5, 2004
Messages
1,308
Age
38
Location
Aachen - Germany
Website
Visit site
M-HT said:
I have no more static recompilations to port and I'm not planning to statically recompile other games at the moment - I'll be working on other projects.
Master of Orion is not possible recompiling using my approach.

too bad :(
But thanks for the work you have done already :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

sepp256

Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2009
Messages
226
M-HT said:
Blue Protoman said:
How the hell do you do it? And what's stopping you from doing certain games?
Lots and lots of work. Only certain games are possible to recompile using my approach - generally they have to use dos extender, can't use self modifying code, ...

M-HT: Do you know if Crusader: No Remorse/No Regret are possible to recompile with your approach? What's the best way to find out if they are using a dos extender?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

mcobit

Advanced Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2008
Messages
6,910
sepp256 said:
M-HT: Do you know if Crusader: No Remorse/No Regret are possible to recompile with your approach? What's the best way to find out if they are using a dos extender?

They seem to have Playstationports, so maybe not worth the hassle, as they can be emulated.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

sepp256

Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2009
Messages
226
mcobit said:
sepp256 said:
M-HT: Do you know if Crusader: No Remorse/No Regret are possible to recompile with your approach? What's the best way to find out if they are using a dos extender?

They seem to have Playstationports, so maybe not worth the hassle, as they can be emulated.

The first game does have a Playstation port, but the 2nd one does not.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

M-HT

Very Active Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2007
Messages
637
Location
Bratislava
Website
github.com
Hi,

I updated X-COM: Terror from the Deep to version 1.2.0

Download it here:
Archive
Repo


Changes:
* MIDI playback using WildMIDI
(old MIDI playback using SDL_mixer can be set in the configuration file)
* show the Readme in the Documentation submenu

Forum topic for newer releases is here.
 
Last edited:
Top