Wtb: Faulty Gp2x

Jaw

*Real* Arcade Gamer
Website
www.gamersglory.co.uk
hi, long time no see ;)

gamer in need here! someone's gotta be able to help.

i'm looking for a knackered gp2x. screen not important, but the case must be 'useable'

mine is smashed to hell (don't ask) and the 2 large cracks won't allow the machine to stay in one peice!

motherboard is important (ish) too because i need to nick something off it, but the part i need i can get easy anyway.

i've got some bits and bobs if you want to trade or whatever, but also have some good old cash!

Cheers,
Carl

Once I open my GP2x and rip it apart for my mod (see my project in "General"), my GP2x case will be available. I had thought of keeping it, but I am sure if you make me an offer for it (case front, back and battery slot, no mobo) we can come to an arrangement - PM me if you are interested. I live in Hampshire, UK, can ship wherever; if you are UK I could take payment by postal order, cheque or PayPal, if outside UK, payment by PayPal.

My case is in very good condition, well cared for (although soon it will have its guts removed). You will see this as my project continues and pics are further posted.

Hmm, my 2X currently has a gaping 2 inch hole where the stick used to be... Bad dremeling. :rolleyes: I could install a pad in to it, but it would look horrible... :unsure:

Family-sized pizza? :) Wonder how well it would survive postage... :unsure:

I would be glad to send it your way if you could use it. It's a MK2, so the stick is rotated the right way.

I was told by the guy I brought it from that it could overclock to 300Mhz, so it seems a waste to gut it.

I tried to offload it to a dev a few month ago with no interest. Just someone who wanted to use the case to extend his own.
(no idea how that would work)

any news on this? i'll still need a motherboard working or not, but a case is more important.

i was in a car crash on monday night, so i won't be checking here much, but please keep me in mind! :/

Sorry to hear about your accident. This seems like the doomed thread. bacteria was sick for the last few days and I had a real bad day yesterday.

I'm sending the broken GP2X to Bacteria as he seems to need it the most.

Jaw, once I receive the GP2x from icurafu I will be removing and using the mobo; the screen is smashed anyway; however I won't need the case top and bottom, which I believe you want. I will post pics (when I receive the item), so if you want the case I would send it to you for the cost of shipping; payment only via PayPal, if you are interested. I am keeping the mobo (and joystick); the case is surplus; yours if you want it.

...whereas I need the mobo and not the case! (which is why this works out fine).

As long as your mobo works, it doesn't matter what condition it is in as you only see the case from the outside. I need the mobo for my project.

xcen - Never mind, I am putting it to good use! Anyway, it is only useful in one of two ways - 1) if you have a MKII screen live and a dead MKII system and can replace the screen, or 2) only intend tv-out (as per my project), in which case a dead LCD from the GP2x is not an issue as you don't need the screen anyway. TV out to a PSone screen is fine, not great, good enough; on the plus side the screen is about 40% bigger than the stock size, which is far better (I think the GP2x screen is too small). Jaw will receive the casing front and back in the next days (already posted to him), which he will find useful in repairing his system. We both benefited from this broken system, which is nice!!

case arrived saturday, guess what i'll be fixing on christmas day :)

(better than spending time with my mom's side of the family eh :p )

cheers guys, i'll let you all know when i get it going!

Back