Worth It?

BotchedLobotomy

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
well, I have an extra 128mb smc card sitting around, and I'm also a total anime geek, and I've been thinking about throwing the cash down for gpcinema so I can watch some of my episodes on my computer, but I'm curious to know if it is even worth it? I'd have to be able to read the subtitles and actually see wth is going on to enjoy it, is GPCinema even worth getting, or should I just watch it on tv?

Thanks in advance guys :lol:

All depends on where you want to be able to view your movies.
If you are on the road a lot and don't mind some less quality over movability I would really spend those $8 or 7 euros.
Even for the fun it's not wasted money ;)

As long as the subtitles are clear on the video you have it should be clear when you convert it. This is an example of what you'd get:
whr.jpg

That's a screenshot of a video after I converted to GP32 divx. I watched it last weekend on a bus ride, it was clear and easy to read (atleast when the sun wasnt shining directly into my screen :p darn glare) Obviously you have to think about what that would look like on your screen (FLU?/not FLU?) and you might have to adjust the brightness while watching but its definately a worth while purchase.

Ive encoded the whole of Full metal panic 24 episodes and all read play great (And I use Moviepark)!
I have watched returner (Great Asian ET with bullet time, mmmm), Ghost in the shell (series)
All of the above have been great quality and easily readable, like someone said above aslong as your source movies are readable/watchable then it will look fine on GP
Deano

Witch Hunter Robin --Wohoo!

Sorry, I just like that anime. There are many tools to put subtitles on your divx, check out Vidomi, I think that used direct subtitles, Cant remember though.

I usually just do the english voices.

mth411

PS. There is a tool called dvdtoogm that makes great divx files, then you just down the framerate in virtualdub. Makes great movies and is really easy, also includes a subtitle ripper, but I think its an extra overlay (not gpcinema supported).

I use it because it has awesome filters and direct resizing of material, which virtualdub mod also has.

Back