Wont Show Sd Card Or Even Built In Games

danielm

I bought the GP2X value pack about a month ago which came with the 3.0.0 firmware already installed. I'm using a 4gb SD card which until yesterday was working fine without any problems at all.

All of a sudden it won't show anything on the card, if i go to the Games section it won't show any of the built in games like supertux anymore, and if i go to the Help section it won't display any of the videos that were previously present.

I tried putting the 2.0.0 firmware onto the SD card after formatting and booting with it, as well as holding select+start whilst booting (i read that it works for some people), with no luck.

Please help me.

/Daniel

How did you format the card? It should be formatted as FAT32.

Have you tried the USB connection from the GP2X to the computer? Maybe you can see what is on the NAND (the built in games/videos) and make sure things have not been wiped.

The USB connection with the 2X has never worked and still doesn't.

I fixed the problem by using a different SD card. I'm now running FW 2.0, is it worth upgrading to 2.10 and 2.1.1?

Only problem is i've lost all the built-in games that came with it :(

danielm posted on Mar 20 2007 at 06:45 AM said:
I fixed the problem by using a different SD card. I'm now running FW 2.0, is it worth upgrading to 2.10 and 2.1.1?

Only problem is i've lost all the built-in games that came with it :(

2.1.0 improves SD read times over 2.0.0, so that might be enough reason for you to update to 2.1.0, then to 2.1.1.(improved read times helps with certain apps and emu's like gngeo2x)

And you could always just re-download the built-in games from the archive : http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, bugs in the Movie Player and Music Player are fixed. Also, skin format has changed since 2.0.0 (its all in one file now).

Back