Wiz's Card Ejecting Mechanism Kills Cards?!?

rbusa

Has this ever happened also to ye or is this another (lol) abnormality of my Wiz?

It killed one SDHC 16Gigs and one SD 1Gig

It destroys SD's edge near Write lock and Wiz or cardreader cannot accept it

Do ye know some way howto stick that piece'o plastic back to the card or simply, some way how to force it to work (chip inside is mechanically OK)

SaS

My card broke like that, but it was quite old. None of my other cards have any problems so far. I took some PVA glue and glued the card together - works like a charm now.

That's annoying. I have noticed the card doesn't fit perfectly. Also for my eeepc. So i have gotten used to being careful when inserting/removing them. But then again, when developing you tend to do it a loooooot (not loot ;) )

How amusing, I had a problem pretty much like that the first time I tried to put a SD card (2 GB) in my brand new Wiz. First it didn't stayed in place, always ejecting (I kept pressing it until it decided to STAY inside the frakking thing). It ran fine

Then the card refused to eject, didn't matter how many times I tried to press it for it to pop out. I had to remove it kinda forcefully from the slot using some very thin plier. And the same thing repeated for some time until finally I heard something "break" inside the machine when I pulled out the card

The funniest part is that, despite the markings left by the pliers on my 2 GB card, it looks and runs perfectly fine in the Wiz or anywhere I try, the Wiz is now keeping any cards I put inside the slot without popping out and I can remove easly just by pressing it as nothing ever happened (although sometimes the wiz fails to promptly identify the 2GB card when I turn off, eject, put back and turn back on... but I don't know for sure if that's my doing or whatever)

So yeah, I think DEFINITELY there are some models out there that have some "uneasy" slot mecanism, to say the least... I hope they correct this problem in the Canoo, whatever it is.

Back