Wiz Offtopic

Website
Visit site
Hello and I first want to apologize for this. I lost the thread to this question I have. I understand That you charge the wiz from a usb cable from the computer (am I right or wrong about this) Anyway, what if you are a long 12 hour car ride and you use the 5 hours up. Is there another way to charge it, especially when you get to your destination, can you use a wall plug? What if you are not able to get to a computer to recharge, what do you do? This is a stupid question. Is there or will ever be a car plug for it? Any imput will be appreciated. -alterdimension

usb to wallplug adapter. Apple makes one (I use it for my ipod as I hate charging from the computer), and I use it for everything else as well.

I imagine they're pretty cheap online.

While we're on the subject of Wiz offtopic posts, has anyone noticed how much the Wiz logo resembles the Zippo one?

zippo-logo.gif

There are significant enough differences in both the flame and the font that I don't think anybody could successfully sue for trademark infringement. That doesn't mean someone won't try, but there's almost no chance of them being successful.

Chip said:
That doesn't mean someone won't try, but there's almost no chance of them being successful.
Like that nutter that sued for the coffee being too hot?

What country do you live in? I live in the USA, where the justice system is pretty retarded.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is still my favourite warning message. :lol:

_nuts.jpg

An alternative method of charging the Wiz would be via solar power, but that's only useful if you live in a country that sees any sunlight, i.e. not the UK. ;)

daclassicgamingmaster said:
Like that nutter that sued for the coffee being too hot?
and Microsoft applying for (and getting) patents on the FAT file system and PageUp/PageDown keys, despite the fact they had been in public use for years earlier?

Hopefully the justice system isn't that bad to actually rule in favour of MS when people challenge those patents...

purple_goat said:
:eek: Zippo V. Wiz is actually really close
Since Zippo doesn't produce game systems and GPH doesn't sell lighters, there won't be any trademark problems. The design similarities just jumped out at me for some reason. :D

Back