Wiz Newbies Pointers And Tips

cassius

Still Fresh
Hello,

Just to introduce myself, my name is Cas. I have been reading on this forum sinds last year when i got into the whole Wiz thing, just to gather information and to learn about it.
Now ordered one a couple of weeks ago (finally). Just wanted to ask if it would be an idea to make a sticky, containing all the info for noobs like myself who wants to learn to do the basic things like install emu's, firmware etc. etc. (at the moment the wiki site doesnt contain a lot of info, and maybe that will change)
Because i find myself night after night searching the internet for info, and i know it would be a great help for other people like me (and me :D ) if we would have an extensive sticky on it, right here on the forum.

Greetings Cas.

You should make a list of things you would like to see written about in the Wiki, I'm sure people will be happy to contribute :)

Alex. posted on May 19 2009 at 03:14 PM) You should make a list of things you would like to see written about in the [URL="http://gp2xwiz.co.uk/wiki/Main_Page said:
Wiki[/URL], I'm sure people will be happy to contribute :"]
I would love to, but I need more privelages to make more pages ><

Last edited by a moderator:
No you don't. Anyone can start a new page. Just go to a page that isn't there and click create at the top. You don't even have to be logged in.

Edit: you also seem to be making lots and lots of edits to the same page in a row. Please try to make changes in larger chunks (preferably one large one were possible) if you are going to do that (if you need to preview the page there is a button for that also).

@Jacksterson and Peter R,

it would be well appreciated if everybody would put his experience into the WIKI page, especially a thorough "how to guide" for newbies.

SPREAD THE KNOWLEDGE :D

Greets Cas.

cassius1983 posted on May 20 2009 at 10:09 AM said:
@jacksterson and Peter R,

it would be well appreciated if everybody would put his experience into the WIKI page, especially a thorough "how to guide" for newbies.

Greets Cas.
I'm in the same boat as Cas here, so if anyone could update a Wiki page it would be greatly appreciated. :D

ganryu posted on May 20 2009 at 05:24 AM said:
cassius1983 posted on May 20 2009 at 10:09 AM said:
@jacksterson and Peter R,

Greets Cas.
I'm in the same boat as Cas here, so if anyone could update a Wiki page it would be greatly appreciated. :D
Alright, but a lot of things that we may find common knowledge may be news to you, so if you guys can, post all your questions here, or contact me via IM / Email

aim: jacksterson
msn: jacksterson@gmail.com (also my e-mail)

If I don't reply I will get back to you, don't worry :D

Peter R posted on May 20 2009 at 10:10 AM said:
And spambots now harvest those details...
Nope. Just google "jacksterson" I've posted many a times via many a forums.

I get around :p

Plus I know how to protect my info, I wouldn't give it out like this if I didn't know what I was doing :)

@Jacksterson, awesome man! I've just send an PM to Ganryu asking him to inform me of all of his questions. Then ill just PM you with all of them and make a new Topic, which the admin's could maybe make into a sticky.

Greets Cas.

Ps. Thanx for the support and quick reply's.

cassius1983 posted on May 20 2009 at 10:50 PM said:
@jacksterson, awesome man! I've just send an PM to Ganryu asking him to inform me of all of his questions. Then ill just PM you with all of them and make a new Topic, which the admin's could maybe make into a sticky.
Greets Cas.

Ps. Thanx for the support and quick reply's.

Why do you want to do this in a new topic instead of Wiki?

I was thinking of doing both, seeing as in a topic people can comment, give their opinion or maybe some new questions can be asked. Then at least there is one steady topic for all the newbie questions. And i would try to update the wiki according how we proceed on the topic (every question and then given answer add to Wiki).

See it's already working, just learned something new :p . Didn't know that, but there is a large community of people who read and comment here. And more who check back every now and then to see if something new is added. Thats why i would like to put it down here aswell.

Greets.

cassius1983 posted on May 20 2009 at 01:41 PM said:
See it's already working, just learned something new :p . Didn't know that, but there is a large community of people who read and comment here. And more who check back every now and then to see if something new is added. Thats why i would like to put it down here aswell.

Greets.
I'm not sure how to install firmware, so for future reference (and so I can add it to the wiki), can someone explain here?

Peter R posted on May 19 2009 at 04:16 PM) No you don't. Anyone can start a new page. Just go to a page that isn't there and click create at the top. You don't even have to be logged in. Edit: you also seem to be making lots and lots of edits to the same page in a row. Please try to make changes in larger chunks (preferably one large one were possible) if you are going to do that (if you need to preview the page there is a button for that also said:
Sorry about that. I'm makng changes slowly, but surely. Don't think I'm slacking off ;D I just have to do it in my spare time (Which is usually late at night). At the moment I'm doing the FAQ, so can people post any questions they can come up with? The more the merrier.

I was thinking of making a torrent called "Wiz Starter Kit" or something like that with all the files that you need, arranged properly, so that a new Wiz owner could just copy it onto an SD card and be up and running in minutes.

Problem is I've only had mine for a couple of days and haven't got much working yet. Before I embark on this, is there something like this already out there?

Back