Wiz Development

lawshenk

Still Fresh
Right First things first I know i need a SDK which I do not have but well heres the theroy can some one out there help

1 i make a game in Gamemaker pro
2 i put it in SDK or similar and convert it
3 It works?

Is it really that easy would that work

does any one care

please reply if you know also where do i get a SDK From and is it easy to use

Sorry, that won't work. Nothing short of a port of Gamemaker itself will allow games made in it to run on Wiz. The SDK for a platform like Wiz is a collection of compiler(s), tools, and software libraries to allow developing software in a staple programming language like C++. In order to develop for the Wiz you need to have experience programming in a language such as this.

with flash how easy is it i did try it earlier couldn't get the thing to play also to use touch screen is there any different scripting

Since I heard spanish GP scene is quite good,
I visited gp32spain couple of days ago though I totally don't understand spanish :lol:

But I found a kind of 101 tutorial thread for programming for GP.

I know Pickle made a thread for OpenglES just like this, but do we have a tutorial thread (like a step-by-step setup toolchain instructions, hello world or practical code examples so on) ? or is there anyone want to make one like this?

mittens,
that sounds good can i have the link to see if google can translate it

mittens,
that sounds good can i have the link to see if google can translate it
Well, I totally don't understand spanish, though, following thread seems what you want:

[Tutorial] Usando el Devkitgp2x en Wiz (by nintiendo1)
http://www.gp32spain.com/foros/showthread.php?t=61359

Hello world (by axlpxl)
http://www.gp32spain.com/foros/showthread.php?t=64393

Since many great programmers from spain are also member of this forum, they might help you about it ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
As someone else mentioned, Fenix is a great option. Although, glbasic has a 3D engine. I haven't used glbasic yet, but apparently it can output directly to a wiz executable.

Is anyone here familiar with using glbasic with the wiz? if so, does glbasic access the video hardware or is it's 3D done in software?

I think most of us should jump headlong into Fenix/glbasic and start cloning games. cloning the games we'd most wish we could play on the wiz. especially 3D ones. Because, emulation is great, but somethings may never be attempted as almost all emulators are ports and the people porting them don't have the ability to (or the inclination) to significantly modify them. (including the misconception that the only kind of emulation is emulating hardware, allowing game code to be run unchanged)

If I could, I would modify the game code of a specific game so that it can play natively on the Wiz. the next best thing is to make an accurate clone of the game in glbasic. in that sense, every game is portable to the wiz.

I've been using GLBasic for tha last 18months or so, so I'm pretty familiar with it. I've recently released B'lox! on Wiz and I'm working on my second Wiz game right now.

Unfortunately GLBasic's 3D engine isn't working properly on Wiz at the moment I'm afraid, so it's strictly 2D for the short-term. Gernot is working on it though. It should be MUCH better at 3D than the GP2x due to the Wiz's 3D hardware.

[EDIT] Apparently the 3D has been fixed in a GLBasic update, although I haven't tested it out yet.

Is there no simple way to convert a .exe to run on the wiz? without knowledge of coding?

Short and simple answer is "NO"

Even with knowledge of coding, converting an .EXE into a Wiz compatible file is nigh-on impossible. You need the sourcecode to port software, and you need to know what to do with it.

iprice said:
Short and simple answer is "NO"

Even with knowledge of coding, converting an .EXE into a Wiz compatible file is nigh-on impossible. You need the sourcecode to port software, and you need to know what to do with it.

well, damn. i am no clever programmer, but it seems to me there ought to be a way for someone (someday) to make a tool that drops .exe into a wiz format, and tells the .exe that each wiz button represents a keyboard button. that would be essentially badass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back