Wiz-Colem: Colecovision Emulator For Wiz V1.1.0

zx-81

Certified Guru
Website
zx81.zx81.free.fr
wizcolem-v110.jpg

Hi All,

ColEm is one of the best emulator of the ColecoVision videogame system running
on FreeBSD, HP-UX, SunOS, Solaris, Linux, and other Unix systems. There are also ports
to MacOS, MSDOS, Windows, OS/2, PocketPC and other systems.
See http://fms.komkon.org/ColEm/ for further informations.

WIZ-Colem is a port on Wiz of my previous PSP port version of ColEm.

What's new in version 1.1.0 (compared to original or even my old gp2x version) :

- A thumbnail image is now displayed in the file requester
while selecting any file with the same name of a previously
saved game (roms, keyboard, settings).
It might be very helpful to recognize that game later if you
have thousand different games in your rom folder !
- Save state dates are displayed in the emulator window
- Save state files are now saved using gzip compression
(with STZ as file extention). It's much faster to save
or load states now.
You can use gzip or 7-zip to convert old STA to STZ.
STA file format is still supported for loading, so you
convert your previous saved files inside the emulator.
(it's now easier to identify and to load the right save state slot)
- Cheat support !
- Memory monitoring engine to find your own cheat code !
- Text editor to modify the global cheat.txt file
- Text editor to write your own comments on games
- Display first comment line while browsing game files
- Auto fire support for second joystick
- Zip rom files are decompressed in memory (much faster !)
- Improve file requester with virtual keyboard to choose
sequentially rom files beginning with a given letter
- Add documentation for settings in help menu
- Auto-fire mode, press RTrigger+X to switch it on/off
- Add several new hotkeys :
. settings such as fps, render mode, auto fire speed
can now be directly modified inside the emulator
(no need to enter in the settings menu)
. quick save / quick load current state
(no need to enter in the main menu)
- Add ntsc/pal option and fix issue with default speed
(emulator was too slow in ntsc mode)

Sources are included, and this package is under the GNU public license,
read COPYING.txt file for more information about it.

http://zx81.zx81.free.fr

It's available for download here:
http://dl.openhandhelds.org/

Enjoy,

Zx

UPDATE: A new version for gp2x-F100 might be found on my blog

Great emulator zx-81, I've used it for 20 minutes more or less and it works perfectly to me (I played only Pitfall, Galaga, Keystone Kappers and Montezuma's Revenge).

Thanks for your work :D

Don Flamenco said:
Great emulator zx-81, I've used it for 20 minutes more or less and it works perfectly to me (I played online Pitfall, Galaga, Keystone Kappers and Montezuma's Revenge).

Glad to see you enjoy it. I will try soon or later to port most of all my psp homebrew on wiz. This one took me more efforts since it was new for me, for others it should be easier now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see you enjoy it. I will try soon or later to port most of all my psp homebrew on wiz. This one took me more efforts since it was new for me, for others it should be easier now.
[/quote]

Maybe your Atari 2600 one next. ;)
Excellent job on your ports so far.

zx-81 said:
Don Flamenco said:
Great emulator zx-81, I've used it for 20 minutes more or less and it works perfectly to me (I played online Pitfall, Galaga, Keystone Kappers and Montezuma's Revenge).

Those are very good news!!, I used some of your emulators on my psp slim and I liked them so much, thanks again :)

zx-81 said:

I can hardly wait for this. Thanks, your efforts are appreciated.

Wow great to see this :)

It runs really smooth and like the options.

Do you think it would be possible though to lower the sound pitch? It is much higher pitch than ColecoVision should be (compare to Colem PC, or real HW of course, for reference). If that was fixed it would be perfect.

Looks real sharp on the Wiz screen.

Nice menu and options. I like the preview pictures, that is cool. Thanks for the great work.

YES!!!
Zx-81 starts releasing for the Wiz!!!
This one is great emulator.
I hope you release your fantastic Atari 8-bit emulator for the Wiz. It is my favorite one.

Thanks for the Colecovision fun.

So good to see your back porting your excellent emu's to a gph handheld. The Wiz needs MSX and Atari 7800, emu's of both which you ported to the GP2X so those would be great for the Wiz. I'm sticking to my humble GP2X so it's great to see you have also updated colecovision for the GP2X. It's been a long time since you last updated an emu for the handheld. Many thanks.

Newer versions of your other emu's would also be much appreciated as many of us still use the GP2X.

Awesome, works great. One question, is there a way to remap the buttons... I think I'm the only fool here that hates the X and B setup that has become the default scheme for things. I much prefer to use A and X as my action buttons... just nitpicking though. Again, great work.

MiOdd said:
Awesome, works great. One question, is there a way to remap the buttons... I think I'm the only fool here that hates the X and B setup that has become the default scheme for things. I much prefer to use A and X as my action buttons... just nitpicking though. Again, great work.

You can remap all keys using the keyboard menu. If you do it on emulator startup (when default is written in the upper right corner) and you save keyboard settings, then it will be the new default mapping.

Back