Wireless Gp2x To Gp2x?

Atraides

Still Fresh
Hi, i am recently new to the GP2x community and i was wondering if the wireless capacity of the gp2x would work Gp2x to Gp2x

As i am planning to make a multi-player diablo style dungeon crawler and i was wondering if it was possible at all.

I was also wondering if there was word of anyone planning to write something to allow it on the gp2x.

cheers

Atraides

BTW sorry its in the wrong topic so if a mod could move it that would be great.

Well, as is the GP2X doesn't have built in wireless of any sort but if you're meaning using a BOB with a usb wifi card in ad-hoc mode then yeah, it might be feasible and then it would be a simple TCP/IP setup I'd guess and would be like and online multiplayer game...

Hooka posted on May 31 2006 at 04:20 PM said:
Well, as is the GP2X doesn't have built in wireless of any sort but if you're meaning using a BOB with a usb wifi card in ad-hoc mode then yeah, it might be feasible and then it would be a simple TCP/IP setup I'd guess and would be like and online multiplayer game...

Bugger, I thought there was some kind of rumour that the GP2x had some kind of wireless hardware inside but wasn't fully functional, I guess it was just a rumour.

Anyway, doing it through a BOB would be a pain as the BOB would need to be powered, so you'd be plugged into the wall anyway, thus removing the point of wireless in the first place.

Shame really.

Theoretically though, if you got one of those SDIO WiFi cards working, would you be able to set up an adhoc TCP/IP connection between multiple GP2x units? Or would that require extra software to handle the interaction?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have remade this topic in the right forum
so go there now

Last edited by a moderator:
Back