Windows 11

JDTAY

Half Pepperoni, All Cheese
So, apparently Windows now includes Android apps through Amazon app store, and this is a big enough update to warrant a new number.

Are we excited? *holds breath*

WTF, I thought Windows 10 was the final windows?
Post automatically merged:

images (98).jpeg

PUT ON TINFOIL & ALUMINUM FOIL HATS, for 11 is the number of death....

Conclusion: Windows 11 will have multiple BSOD a day.

Cool, now whe need a Windows 11 Compatible CPU Board for the Pyra ^^

I just put Windows 10 on my Notebook and it got slower, but its still useable, but i want to use my Pyra as a HomePC so i dont think i will get Windows 11 that early..

Cool, now whe need a Windows 11 Compatible CPU Board for the Pyra ^^
I'd be curious how popular that idea would be for the Pyra at large. It's not exactly tech that's aimed towards the MS market.

The idea made me shudder when I read your comment (and not a good shudder).

Therefore the ^^ after my Comment, i had bad experience whit Windows 10 as a EDC OS, when i wantet to play Tetris on the GPD WIN, but its ditnt let me do this as it wanted to make a mandatory update.. (And you cant put the Win Back in your Pocket when it make Updates as it might be it gets too warm..)

Most important question: will the ne Windows 11 file explorer FINALLY have 2 side-by side windows/tab areas like Total Commander has them since...forever? xD I mean, what's so hard to do this?

So, apparently Windows now includes Android apps through Amazon app store, and this is a big enough update to warrant a new number.

Are we excited? *holds breath*
I'm really interested on how this Android "Emulation" will perform. I see some potential on mobile Windows devices, Desktop not so much. Games maybe...

Most important question: will the ne Windows 11 file explorer FINALLY have 2 side-by side windows/tab areas like Total Commander has them since...forever? xD I mean, what's so hard to do this?
I want to be able to drag-and-drop files to USB, and then it QUEUES them, not start a parallel copy.

+ Closer to XBOX, good for games
- My laptop will only have 4 more years of support. At that time' I'll switch to Linux on that thing (if it still works)

I want to be able to drag-and-drop files to USB, and then it QUEUES them, not start a parallel copy.
Most computer operating systems only do copies in sequences, rather than copying multiple things at the same time. I'd guess it's because flash pages and singled media are best written to in order, although if it knew more about the format of the drive, it could do a whole flash page of one file then a whole flash page of another, but I'm not sure that flash drives advertise their page size to the OS.

Reactions: rSl
Back