Wii Controller?

Yes, as long as someone ports the driver for it. I remember Quake2x supported it so shouldn't be a problem for Pandora.

I'd recommend CWiid. AFAIK it needs only bluez and uinput. I've had many very good experiences with it. Sources are available.

oh man assuming an n64 emu gets made, it would be so sick to play ocarina of time on the pandora with a wiimote...

It will work the same way it works on VC. Not like Twilight Princess because it has to be created to work with the WiiMote.

The WiiMote can emulate mouse use for PC FPS, but won't be any good for games made for analogues on a console.

icurafu said:
It will work the same way it works on VC. Not like Twilight Princess because it has to be created to work with the WiiMote.

The WiiMote can emulate mouse use for PC FPS, but won't be any good for games made for analogues on a console.
Well, there's no reason that any game that supports remapping controls couldn't support anything on the Wiimote.
You certainly could use it to control OoT (map the N64 stick to the Nunchuk stick and the other buttons as you want), but it would probably be far from an ideal setup, so it might be better to use the Pandora's built-in controls. Might be handy for TV-out, I don't know...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, either way it's wireless controllers that I don't have to buy since I have wiimotes. Using the pointing/accelerometer's is secondary easily for me.

I think wiiuse is better. Anyway, it's a great way to have multiple controllers for multiplayer games. The uses are limited mainly by the user's imagination :D

DiThi said:
I think wiiuse is better. Anyway, it's a great way to have multiple controllers for multiplayer games. The uses are limited mainly by the user's imagination :D
How so? I hadn't heard of it until now, so I wouldn't know. I tried searching for information about it, but its website shows only a blank page.

What I'd REALLY like would be a GlovePIE clone for linux :)

I would not worry about it too much there are open source drivers out there for the Wii controllers over BT

icurafu said:
CWiid is extremely flexible in it's mapping. You can certainly map the accelerometers or the IR sensor, or the analog stick on the nunchuck to analog controls, not that it will be exactly ideal, but you have the flexibility to tailor the controls to your liking.

This would be pretty nifty.

Twice as nifty if you mod your Pandora to have IR sources built right into the lid, right above the screen.

Back