Wii 2 - Confirmed

SRSLY?

OMG.

Actually, I'm suprised Nintendo let this get out. The Osborne Effect can be a real killer, especially just after the release of the 3DS.

Last edited by a moderator:
resources say its fully backward compatible with wii, so im sure the controls would have to be as well. and same resources say its more powerful then 360/ps3 and does support 1080p. of course you can take all of this with grain of salt. SOURCE

Wow, "multiple" anonymous "sources" counts as "confirmed" nowadays? Pretty sure they don't. Remember, there are certain analysts and Villagers who appear to be on some companies' payrolls, who have done their damnedest to perpetuate rumours like this since before the Wii even launched.

Bucket of salt on hand, here.

Last edited by a moderator:
No surprises here, really. This E3 is the perfect time to announce a new console, and there would be a revolt if it was not HD-compatible.

another rumor has surfaced.....the VMU is making a comeback...nintendo next controller to include a tiny HD screen built into controller.... :blink:

either way, i do believe that nintendo will kick some serious ass at this years E3
I quite agree.

However, the red flags about this stuff are too great to possibly ignore. It's very sad that anyone is taking the same rumours from the same rumourmongers who have been spewing the same stuff since at least 2007 as anything that could possibly be resembling fact.

>Engadget<

Honestly, I do not want a second Wii, I would definately prefer a Gamecube 2, or better yet - something new entirely.

According to IGN the Wii's successor will have graphics that "surpass the PS3 and 360". Which is to be expected at this point. Also think about it, Nintendo made crazy money with the Wii. They can afford (this time around) to go all out on hardware and make a real song and dance about it. I think Nintendo will really pull this one out of the bag and have a 'unified' console that marries that graphical prowess of the 'HD Generation' will the casual friendly and sometimes innovative motion control, in a better way than Move's lollipop look. I think the next console will be a success, simply because how much better will the graphics of the next generation really be? The some of the best 'cutting-edge' graphics tech is using hardware accelerated tessellation shaders (which is more DX11 rather then OGL) and to be honest unless they are doing surface transformation (like Unreal's "Samaritan" Demo) or sub-surface scattering I don't think they really make a difference graphically.

According to IGN the Wii's successor will have graphics that "surpass the PS3 and 360". Which is to be expected at this point. Also think about it, Nintendo made crazy money with the Wii. They can afford (this time around) to go all out on hardware and make a real song and dance about it. I think Nintendo will really pull this one out of the bag and have a 'unified' console that marries that graphical prowess of the 'HD Generation' will the casual friendly and sometimes innovative motion control, in a better way than Move's lollipop look. I think the next console will be a success, simply because how much better will the graphics of the next generation really be? The some of the best 'cutting-edge' graphics tech is using hardware accelerated tessellation shaders (which is more DX11 rather then OGL) and to be honest unless they are doing surface transformation (like Unreal's "Samaritan" Demo) or sub-surface scattering I don't think they really make a difference graphically.

If that happens, then I see either MS or Sony announcing an even better graphics system a few days before the release of the Wii2, which should be enough to scupper Nintendo's initial numbers due to the fact that the graphics whores will flock to the prettier system.

Don't get me wrong, I love Nintendo. I just think that arms races over graphical capabilities only ever have losers, and among them is often the quality of the games.

These rumours are laughably ridiculous.

I think not, being reasonably media savvy I can usually spot the difference between wild speculation and journalists who have had an off the record confirmation.

Also the timing makes perfect sense.

Still, I guess one of us is going to be eating hat / humble pie come E3.

Either way it's fun to speculate as per this article on Kotaku. :p

Back