Wifi With Wep

DBH

Website
nicholas.piresonline.com
Hey all,

I'm trying to get my GP2X connected to my network with the Nintendo/Buffalo Wifi stick I've followed the tutorials on the wiki but theres no proper mention of how to add your WEP key in the script. I was wondering if anyone else has managed to connect their GP2X with WEP if so please share your script! Cheers!

I don't know what tools you're using, but if it's a port of iwconfig the command to set the encryption key is:

iwconfig [interface] mode managed key XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Replace the Xs with your hex key, and [interface] with the name of the wireless interface (probably wlan0).

Ah cool! I'm using the wifi tools from the Wiki that bobby martin posted its rausb0.

If you could post your start_wireless.gpu I'd appreciate it... (blanking out all the sensitive key stuff of course) that way I can see what's stopping mine from connecting properly! Cheers.

EDIT: I got it to work! You're awesome mate seriously! The thing that kept causing mine to crash and fail was instead of it saying managed key XXXX-XXX-XXX etc I went with the stuff that was already added there but commented out which was restricted key XXXX-XXXX ... danke!

Hmm this is weird if I try to setup the same thing at work it doesn't work I get an argument saying invalid argument Set Encode then it lists the WEP key I put in... what gives?

EDIT: Hmm appears the office key is 128bit where's my one is 64bit ... I have no idea if theres a switch to go between the two...

Also I assume if I want to run the device in ad-hoc mode i'd switch managed to ad-hoc in the script?

Back