Why No Gp2X Wiz Source?

Reo

Edit: I mean firmware source, or any aspects of it.

Does it not use any GPL'd code, so GPH isn't obliged to release it? Or is it just that no one has requested it?

Reo said:
Does it not use any GPL'd code, so GPH isn't obliged to release it? Or is it just that no one has requested it?

if your talking kernel its out there, someone put it on sourceforge too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle said:
Reo said:

if your talking kernel its out there, someone put it on sourceforge too.
I just realised the topic title was really vague. I mean anything, like bootloader, kernel, menu source, etc. But thanks.

A friendly warning, source code is a bit of a touchy subject on these boards, be careful what you say (see exophase's recent topic...)

Here you are the kernel sourcecode found in firmware 1.1.0. The last version 1.2.1 is not published. The menu and applications are propietary code according to GPH.

http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/wiz.cgi?0,0,0,0,46,151

Simon from GPH just uploaded the latest firmware sourcecode to the file archive.

Peter R said:
It's good to see GPH's communication skills further improving :) .

Simon and Tony have been an awesome contacts and it makes the world of a difference for developers.

I'm quite pleased to hear that... I put that issue on their facebook group yet hadn't noticed any feedback afterwards. If that is the reaction then it payed off :]

Back