Where to buy SD Cards

IsSuE

Hello!

I am currently on an exchange program in Sweden and my pandora should arrive later this week. Now the question that bothers me is, where to buy SD Cards?

Here in Sweden I checked ELgiganten, MediaMarkt and Technikmagasin(or so) but the prices are way over the top (700 kronor,70 euro for 16GB at MM)

So the question: is there a webshop that sells SD-Cards at a reasonable price and has cheap postage fees to sweden?

/armin

I can tell you to where NOT to buy; eBay. Lots of fake flash that falls apart there. On top of that, it doesn't even hold the advertised size.

If you want reasonable prices on SD cards you have to buy online.

I would try using the site www.prisjakt.nu . It indexes prices for alot of stores in sweden.

They also have a rating system so you can see what other people thinks of the stores(so you wont be scammed and such). They have alot of users so it works really well. I use every time I think of buying something.

If you tell me what kind of SD card(size, class, manufacturer) you want I can look around a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can tell you to where NOT to buy; eBay. Lots of fake flash that falls apart there. On top of that, it doesn't even hold the advertised size.
that is what I have heard, not gonna buy on eBay.

If you want reasonable prices on SD cards you have to buy online.

I would try using the site www.prisjakt.nu . It indexes prices for alot of stores in sweden.

They also have a rating system so you can see what other people thinks of the stores(so you wont be scammed and such). They have alot of users so it works really well. I use every time I think of buying something.

If you tell me what kind of SD card(size, class, manufacturer) you want I can look around a bit.
nice, have not seen this site during my searches!

I am looking for a 16/32 GB Card at least Class 4, 6 preferred. Not really any other requirements. Basically I am searching for best GB/Kronor ratio

Where's Prometheus? I can hear him breathing.......

Amyhow, eBay is a major DO NOT BUY FROM when it comes to cards.

Amazon.com is fine IF you stick to first party. DO NOT buy used or third party cards there though.

Walmart.com is fine, but price may be high.

Newegg.com is fine.

Tigerdirect.com is fine.

Kjell & co (www.kjell.com) has class 4 8gb for 229 skr and 16gb for 399 skr.

Yeah prisjakt is great. did you note that you can sort the list by GB/kr?

Also a warning: Do not buy any of the ZAP cards Teknikmagasinet are selling. They are crap. Me and some people I know have had these cards die for no reason whatsoever.

I would recommend the following brands(Based on my own experiences):

Sandisk

Adata

Kingston

This is the 16GB card I would have bought:

SanDisk Ultra II SDHC 16GB from Inet(Fast delivery, never had any problems) 437:- including delivery

Kjell & co (www.kjell.com) has class 4 8gb for 229 skr and 16gb for 399 skr.
Nice find! That's good prices for sandisk I would say

Edit:Added the wrong sd card! Also its the same card as Moxie linked to only kjell is actually cheaper

Is a Sandisk worth 110sek more?

edit: okay, ninjad :)

Other question then: is it really worth to pay so much for a SD card when I could buy the Adata you linked me before for around 300

Well it is a bit faster and I would say Sandisk is the most reliable brand there is.

Radars also has it for 367:-. I have never bought anything from there but looking at their rating they seem to be reliable enough

Cant say anything about the shop, never bought from there. I think they are based in the UK.

About the card: Well couldn't find any info on the actual speeds of this card but as it is a class 4 card it should at least have a write speed of 4 MB/s.

Edit: I should probably mention that I don't know what kind of speed the pandora is capable of. If you are going to use the card exclusively for that I would suggest that you check that before you buy a card. I think there have been a thread about this either here or on gp32x .

Looks to be more or less the same as Kjells 16GB-version, although most of the SanDisk cards I see have the actual size printed on the label, so I get a bit suspicious of the picture :unsure: But I suppose it is just my paranoia :) If you order from them, please come back with some sort of account of how it turned out.

Whereabouts in Sweden are you? If you are more or less in the southern parts, Kjell might have an actual shop close by. I find it always improves my chances to get something that is and works as advertised when there is an actual physical store with actual physical people you can scream at.

Looks to be more or less the same as Kjells 16GB-version, although most of the SanDisk cards I see have the actual size printed on the label, so I get a bit suspicious of the picture :unsure: But I suppose it is just my paranoia :) If you order from them, please come back with some sort of account of how it turned out.

Whereabouts in Sweden are you? If you are more or less in the southern parts, Kjell might have an actual shop close by. I find it always improves my chances to get something that is and works as advertised when there is an actual physical store with actual physical people you can scream at.
Totally agreed on the last part, I would love to just walk into a store and get a card, but here in Skövde I did not find a shop that sells at a near reasonable price.

Where's Prometheus? I can hear him breathing.......
I have no need to be in this thread (not even to correct the "him" to a "her", since that was already done). Just look at you guys, you all already got it covered. I'm so proud. :p

Well, ok, I guess I had to turn up to say this. Carry on, chaps. :)

I would go for a sandisk ultra II card. Or a ultra III but that may be overkill. I have 2 ultra II myself. They work great. I tend to destroy my sd cards rather quickly(Though I am quite careful when I handle them) and a lot of people seem to think they are good.

About Kjell: They got a shop in Luleå and I like it. The staff seems to know a thing or two about the stuff they are selling and their prices are good. So if you want to buy from a brick and mortar store I would recommend them. I must say I was quite surprised at their SD card prices also. Never even thought of checking there when I buy SD cards. And they got the sandisk ultra cards.

Edit:

Totally agreed on the last part, I would love to just walk into a store and get a card, but here in Skövde I did not find a shop that sells at a near reasonable price.
Yeah most brick and mortar stores have horrendous sd card prices and I don't understand why.

random act of advertising, i do still have 3 32gb sdhc sandisk ultras 15mb/sec that i have to sell, i think i said $80 plus shipping each,of course shipping is combined on 2-3 at once if that would be worth it to you

What about craigx' shop SD card?

The 16gb card is Extrememory SDHC class 6 High speed 133x - price £34.99.
To me the price was allright because in my country, tech stuff is really expensive...

Skövde? Oh dear... :) Nah, I guess play.com or kjell is the way to go, then.

Back