Where do I sell an open pandora

C

Chris

I recently came to own an open pandora and have no knowledge of how to use it. How do I go about selling it?

Got it out of a delinquent storage unit I purchased. I can't seem to sell it using eBay. It appears eBay won't let you sell it in the US.

No I am not much into gaming so honestly I'd rather sell it.

It appears eBay won't let you sell it in the US.
I wonder if this is in some way related to the paypal stuff.  It's funny, since I have seen so many others for sale on ebay from the US and elsewhere.  I don't really see how a Pandora would be any more legally grey than other computers (or even USB controllers).  Pics would be helpful, and you can probably sell it here.

Just a thought, and I don't expect anyone to do this, but I wonder if ED could be sent the serial number to attempt to confirm it isn't stolen.

I don't think we really want to have stuff sold or promoted from a delinquent storage unit given it is still stolen property.

The best thing for you to do would be to provide EvilDragon the serial number of "your" device so that maybe the original owner can be traced?

Edit: Ninja'd by rygD

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd have no problem giving the serial # to a buyer, and I also have the receipt from the original purchase.

There is nothing "fishy". I OWN this unit through a completely legal transaction! I am simply a seller interested in information (fair sale price?) and finding a buyer.

The reason for the suggestions of sending the serial number to ED is that he may be able check to see who that unit was sold to, and try to get in contact with them to confirm your story.

You could check the recent asking prices here.  It would help if you could identify the model.  There is a program in the repo to help do that.  You also need to provide a picture that includes your username, so you should probably register.  It is always a huge help if the picture shows that the unit is operational, so you could just run the program to check the model and take a picture of that with something showing all the required information for sales here.

I've bought many things out of delinquent storage lockers. It's a great way to get cheap furniture. If Chris says it came from delinquent storage auction I have no reason to doubt that. It's not stolen, it's legally considered abandoned, and it happens quite often.

Two reasons why Pandora's have been rejected on ebay are (1) because someone thinks that it's an emulation device (which is true in much the same way that any computer is an emulation device) even though such things aren't even remotely illegal in most countries, and (2) because of confusion with the "Pandora battery" used to put a Sony PSP into developer mode for cracking.

Both of these reasons are 100% stupid but e-bay doesn't care, they have bots that search for certain things and autoflag them. They don't care, they lose at most a few dollars in sales which is probably easily countered by what they save not having to pay a human to actually verify everything they strike off.

Your best bet for getting rid of it is local sale to the forum, as mentioned, or try a few personal ads like craigslist or kijiji or whatever happens to be popular in your area. The Pandora is a fully functional palmtop (ARM based) computer, so you should be able to get someone interested for a couple hundred easy enough.

Just a thought, and I don't expect anyone to do this, but I wonder if ED could be sent the serial number to attempt to confirm it isn't stolen.
There is no connection between a devices serial number and a buyers name on Eds side, that I am aware of. Afaik you can't even tell from the serial number wether one has a classic or a rebirth unit, as they were put on randomly (at least) in the beginning.
@Guest_Chris_*

Apart from that the Pandora is far more than a gaming device - for me its a pcketable computer that just has gaming controls on it, I guess it would help a lot on the sales side, if you first determine what kind of model you have (classic, rebirth or 1GHz), this can be done by looking into the battery compartment (or via http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=pandoramodelcheck).

If you need any help feel free to ask for it .

Ok, I thought serial numbers were put on randomly, but I didn't know no one was keeping track of them.

Very true about the Pandora being a pocketable computer.  I play games on it far less than I thought I would, and use it for more general purpose stuff usually.

Overclock my 600mhz to 700.usb hub. Wireless mouse a microsoft wedge bluetooth keyboard(looking at a keyboard with trackball) and suddenly a real laptop

there is also Android for the Pandora when you want it ;)

Slackware,

Ubuntu,

Bodhi Linux,

Arch Linux,

RiscOS,

and with Qemu in Backround Windows95,Windows98,Dos,ReactOS,

and many others...

So many Systems and so much Things you can do with the Pandora.

Your Pandora has enough Power to Play NintendoDS Games on it and you can put it on TV as a Gaming Console or MultimediaPlayer too ;)

Firefox and others make Internet browsing very easy on it and weekly new Games will be released.

You own an actual Device,not an old Handheld where the Community is almost died ;)

We are alive and when you see in my Youtube Account can you see a little what for Power the Pandora realy have.

I would not sell it,i would use it and you are one of 7000 in the World who one one ;)

Back