When I Try To Load A Game, Ohboy Returns To The Main Menu

dnlgreenwood

I'LL END YOU!!!
I have no idea why, but I can't play any games in OhBoy. When I load a game (by pressing B), whether it is zipped or not, the emulator just returns me to the Caanoo's main menu. I've changed the ROM directory in the .rc file, I've put a single game in a directory, and I've re-downloaded and installed the emulator.

Firmware: 1.50

OhBoy will crash when trying to open a file it doesn't support. It doesn't support compressed files, so it won't open those. If you're still having the problem with uncompressed files, you might have a bad ROM (regardless if it works in other emulators).

goldenegg said:
OhBoy will crash when trying to open a file it doesn't support. It doesn't support compressed files, so it won't open those. If you're still having the problem with uncompressed files, you might have a bad ROM (regardless if it works in other emulators).
What's the chance of every ROM I've tried being bad ROMS? Nothing's working.

Last edited by a moderator:
Com64 said:
goldenegg said:
What's the chance of every ROM I've tried being bad ROMS? Nothing's working.

Which extender do the roms you use have?
You said, you edited the RC file, did you use the normal Windows Notepad? This can cause problems, cause it doesn't create Linux compatible files.
Where is Ohboy located on you SD card?

Turns out, they were ALL corrupted. I copied them back on and they work now.

By the way, my computer has Linux Mint, and I used either Gedit or leafpad to edit it. I put the OhBoy folder and .ini in the Games folder on my SD card.

goldenegg said:
It doesn't support compressed files, so it won't open those.

The latest version of the code for OhBoy does support compressed roms :) http://code.google.com/p/ohboy/source/detail?r=396da4b5fff140f695a1864f8617cdf0742c22f7

Back