When Do They Announce Winners?

CrazyDesi

Ok I'm really excited about the competition tommorow even though I don't code. I was wondering how long will it be after the deadline till they announce the winners and allow the software to be downloaded?

i love these compititions :D they bring so much hype around the scene.. i get so into my gamepark after cuz theres always at least 1 wicked entry :)

Craig said they would be available quickly and you can get them on sunday, but he didn't say when on sunday (yea; i think if hes going that route the judging would prob take place later).

Even less now...

Though its still not going to happen til 13:00 UK time (we're in GMT+1 atm :( )

But of course, these boards aren't, it seems lol (thought I was posting an hour after you lol)

58 mins!

i think its 12 GMT is it not?

Yeah the time on these boards is really confusing me. its 11:04 on my computer but 10:00 on the boards!

It does close at 12:00 GMT, but the UK is currently in BST, so we have to wait until 13:00. I would guess that everyone has their entries in, the webpage for downloads has been created, and we're just sitting here twiddling our thumbs waiting for 1 hour and 55 minutes to pass...

Only 1 hour and 50 minutes left...but it's 3 am right now...I don't know what to do! I could just go to sleep now as it's pretty late or just wait 2 more hours. What should I do???

Wait the two hours, find most of the entries being GBA, and go back to sleep?

Nahh, just kidding :)

I think I'm just going to hit the sack and wake up in about 9 hours...maybe by then the entries will be uploaded?

Squidge posted on May 2 2004 at 11:18 AM said:
Wait the two hours, find most of the entries being GBA, and go back to sleep?

Nahh, just kidding :)
:huh: dont even joke about that

Last edited by a moderator:
Good idea, at least you'll be awake enough to play with them then rather than falling asleep trying to download whilst everyone else is also trying to leech. I'd be suprised if the transfer speed would be 0.5KB/sec upon release :)

Think I'll leave it a few hours myself and get a faster transfer speed.

wow! I still have an hour and 15 minutes before my shift ends.

yeah, about 15 mins left to the deadline. i have about 17 more entries to add to the page and also upload so probably in a hour or so time the results will be up (dont hold me to that though!)

Squidge posted on May 2 2004 at 11:24 AM said:
Good idea, at least you'll be awake enough to play with them then rather than falling asleep trying to download whilst everyone else is also trying to leech. I'd be suprised if the transfer speed would be 0.5KB/sec upon release :)

Think I'll leave it a few hours myself and get a faster transfer speed.
Ill just rape the server :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back