What's The Best Racing Game?

jdh2550

Hi,

To all you game console experts - what's the best racing game available on a system likely to be emulated on the pandora?

Thanks!

Gran Turismo 1+2,
WipeOut 2097,
WRC Arcade
...all for playstation 1 B)

well, my favorite racing game is need for speed 3... there is a playstation version, tho i havnt played anything but the computer version, and i imagine it looks pretty crappy on the psx.
of course, it will be great to have mario kart (thats the original), and i like f-zero x a lot as well.

IMHO, the best mario kart game was Super Circuit for the GBA. I'll be looking forward to a GBA emulator for that reason. It has the class of the original with the nicer sprites from the N64 version. (and twice as many tracks as the original, as it has all of the original tracks and a whole new set)

definately need for speed 2 on psx. I never liked the all too realistic games. Need for speed 2 is good acardy fun with lots of nice tracks for playstation.

On N64 -
Mario Kart 64
1080 Snowboarding
Extreme G

Don't know about PS1, I never had one. (couldn't stand that damn controller)

Also, ANY of the Road Rash Games are high up on the list. These are amazingly fun games (especially 1, 2, and 3)

-God Ginrai

My favorite racers on old systems are:

PS1
Wipeout 2097
Ridge Racer
Rage Racer
Ridge Racer type 4
Total Drivin (not very well known but one of the best)

N64
Diddy Kong Racing (better than Mario Kart 64 imo)

GBA
Mario Kart
Krazy Racers/Konami Wai Wai Racing
F-Zero Climax (the best mode 7 style F-zero - even has a track editor)

edit: Nearly forgot the Lotus games and Jaguar XJ220 on Amiga

Just thought, it'll be pretty sweet to be able to have Gran Turismo 1&2 when we have as PS1 emulator :) (and colin McRae rally 1&2)

F-Zero GX

EDIT: oops, forgot the whole "likely to be emulated on Pandora" part... :p

So let me revise that to... F-Zero X.

Yeah, I like F-Zero a lot. :)

Snu said:
well, my favorite racing game is need for speed 3... there is a playstation version, tho i havnt played anything but the computer version, and i imagine it looks pretty crappy on the psx.
of course, it will be great to have mario kart (thats the original), and i like f-zero x a lot as well.

I have to agree with this one. The PSX one looks great to me running on psp. That and maybe Ridge Racer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gran Turismo's, Mario Kart 64, Mario Kart GBA, and Road Rage if that can be counted. Also, top gear pocket was pretty good as well as F1 Championship or something like that for NES that was like an early Gran Turismo.

jdh2550 said:
Hi,

To all you game console experts - what's the best racing game available on a system likely to be emulated on the pandora?

Thanks!

I'd like to see any one of the Carmageddon series emulated on Pandora... you can race it, if you want to :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back