What Is The Name Of This Program?

DCurro

Still Fresh
http://www.youtube.com/v/efaFgplgIGk

The modder is using a SNES controller to play with the GP2x. What is the test program he is using in the video to ensure that the keys are working?

I was hoping for the source code actually. Thanks!

The button test utility is built into the firmware. ;) It's accesible via the settings menu. Wouldn't this be one of the simplest things in the world to code anyway?

Slight tangent story: I use a SNES controller on my GP2X. I converted it to USB using a kit from retrousb.com. With Open2x DR7 installed, you can use a USB controller for full control of the GP2X (so you don't have to rely on USB support being included in each app). As far as the best things ever go, it's one of them.

[edit] sp.

I agree it would be a simple thing to code, which would make it amazing source code for learning how the controls work :)

Thanks alot, I'll take a look at the firmware source as well as other people's games. USB controller? I thought the GP2x didn't have a USB slot. I suppose I can wait for that to be answered in a week (when my GP2x arrives).

Thanks!

Indeed, the GP2X itself doesn't have a USB host port, however the GP2X Cradle extends the connections of the main unit and allows four USB slots.

(The link is just to give you an idea of how it works, but from what I recall getting cradles these days requires searching in many places... actually, I don't know :p )

Yep, I'm using a cradle. You can also access USB at the EXT port, so if you're adventurous you can hack together a USB host cable without needing a cradle. Find details on the GP2X Wiki.

Gruso said:
Yep, I'm using a cradle. You can also access USB at the EXT port, so if you're adventurous you can hack together a USB host cable without needing a cradle. Find details on the GP2X Wiki.

I originally did that with my TV cable... it was held together with electrical tape... I now have a cradle and I agree about the USB control for everything being the best thing ever... it's partly because I gave the idea to Senquack, hee hee.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back