What is the minimum Hardware "Configuration" for the Pandora to still work?

Nagelfar

Background to my question: I'm thinking of using the Pandora as a musicplayer connected to a stereo amp. For that I wouldn't need a screen, nubs, keyboard or any other of the stuff. The thing is, that the Pandora in its full glory is too expensive to just be used/abused as a musicplayer so I was wondering if I should get one of the "broken" units for cheap? The only thing that I would need to work is the board itself, the power connector, audio out and WIFI.

What do you guys think?

Without a screen, reflashing the firmware would be next to impossible, and if you needed to set anything up or change any settings you'd have a lot of difficulty. The screen isn't exactly prohibitively expensive either: the board alone is probably two or three times the cost the screen, and the clamshell design would keep it quite safe.

For your purposes you could definitely get away with one of the ones with broken nubs though. A busted classic unit that still turns on and maybe a wifi dongle (because the wifi is always questionable even when it works properly) would be exactly what you need.

You would probably want working USB for a USB Mouse if the nubs / touch screen did not work. I'd say see how the built in WIFI works before buying a dongle, for some routers it works fine, others not.

I don't plan to use it directly, so USB is not strictly necessary but I agree a mouse could be convinient.

Bluetooth is nearly never broken. You may use a bluetoooth mouse then.

Also we have some scratched screens which do work.

So if you don't need a nice screen but one with small scratches we should be able to make a cheap Pandora for you.

(Don't ask me, I'm out of business for the next 2 Months. Ask EvilDragon)

Back