What Is It With Post Services These Days?

___

Advanced Member
I have bought a g2x F200 from someone in Quebec and he sent it off on December 5th, 2007. It has not arrived until now and I am thinking: Maybe something went wrong? I paid for 6 - 7 days delivery. Has the parcel gone lost over christmas? what can I do? Is it possible that they fucked up or should I wait even longer?

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I am in Germany.

Are you sure the guy actually sent it to you, did he give you any proof, like a parcel tracking number?

He sent me scans of the bill for the parcel and a scan of the sticker that is on the parcel itself. So I don't think he tries to scam me. He is also a member of these forums and I have been in contact with him. Scamming me would be a dumb idea as I have his paypal contacts so he's not totally anonymous I'd guess. I am rather worried that the post companies fucked up.

Well, I already asked a guy down at the post office when I was picking up another parcel. He didn't know what to do about it either...

My mother had a similar situation over the xmas period. A friend of hers was sending something from Australia and she only got it on the 10th of January, a whole month after it was posted. When she asked about it, she was told that it was simply just sitting at customs because they didn't have enough staff to process all of the parcels coming into and out of the country. So that could be why your gp2x took so long.

Well if it actually is stolen in customs, I will at least get some of my money back. Just hope I will get anything soon. I guess I will have to be more patient. If I still don't have it by February I will have to do some phone calls though. The guy who sent it off told me that it might take quite a bit longer but we were thinking two to three weeks at most.

Fucking hell! Nothing has arrived as of yet... I think I am getting screwed over here. It surely can't take over two month for my parcel to arrive now can it? Something must have gone wrong.

Guys... where can I turn to get help? Should I have the postal service investigate this? They are probably the ones who screwed up. They must have records or something...

Go to the post office and explain your situation, there's probably a standard procedure for things like this. Also try to convince the sender to do the same at his post office, at least to know if your parcel made it to Germany or even Europe to begin with.

Almost everyone's a thief these days, who would have said 'no' to an extra holiday present if the opportunity arose? Very few people :(

It's the seller's responsibility to make sure the item gets to you in working order. As a seller, it's wise to always cover your own ass with insurance, delivery confirmation, etc.

If you've yet to receive the item, kindly let the seller know that you want a refund. A few months back, I sent two pairs of Oakley glasses first class USPS mail. They took just about a full month to arrive, and I had to sort things out with the postal service to keep the buyer happy. If it's lost, the seller should claim insurance (should have payed extra for the piece-of-mind) and refund you in full.

Edit: To further elaborate, "buyer is to pay for insurance or seller is not responsible" rarely holds up. As a general rule, if you don't get the goods, let paypal know and you should be reimbursed in full.

I would actually take it further than your local post office. The thing is, your package will most definitely not have been the only thing to have gone missing over the holiday period and so it is likely that if you go to the post office to sort it out, all they'll do is say,"We'll look into it." Take it to Watchdog or something and definitely inform Paypal. Also get hold of the seller and make sure he actually sent the thing and didn't just take your money. I know how that feels. And especially at xmas time when the DS first came out. Lost £100 because of arseholes that claim they have items and then bugger off with your money.

I usually complain to Paypal if something I bought using them has not arrived within 28 days. I don't know if its the same now, but it used to be much easier to get a refund if you asked within 30 days. I start talking to the seller within 14 days for non-international orders (21 days otherwise).

I'd definitely talk to the seller asking him if he can ask his PO to trace the parcel, and also start an audit trail with Paypal (don't demand a refund yet, but let them know you don't have the goods so it can be recorded in case you need to ask later).

Well I don't know what to do if he claims that the post office can't trace the parcel or something like that. I surely can't start an audit trail with paypal as the 45 days limit has passed long ago. I hope the me and the seller can work together to get the parcel traced. Stuff like this makes me really angry. I am not going to lose this fucking parcel. I sure hope those mofos at the post office will find out where the hell they screwed up cause if I need to I will sue them. I am afraid to send anything valuable out by post these days. I have lost parcels on the way 2 times before, always been expensive stuff.

God... this pisses me off so much.

Back