What have you bought recently?

Get card stock, cut it, draw pictures, type if needed (it isn't).

So spend more money you are saying... Like DrHAX I have so many MTG common/land cards I can't give them away.

So happy!! :D

148281-L-LO.jpg

Get card stock, cut it, draw pictures, type if needed (it isn't).

So spend more money you are saying... Like DrHAX I have so many MTG common/land cards I can't give them away.
Yes spend a little more money than buying paper alone.  (I know DrHAX is picky about certain things, and thought he might appreciate the aesthetics of a nice card stock in his preferred color.)  Also they will probably stand up to use better.

Feel free to send me any MTG cards you don't need/want.  I lost many of mine years ago and for the most part stopped playing since I didn't feel like replacing them.  I probably didn't have as many as some people here.  I would also sometimes play with people that didn't have their own, so I would let them build a deck out of mine.

So happy!! :D

148281-L-LO.jpg

I have never been into sports video games, with a few exceptions (NBA Jam, etc.).  What is so appealing about them that some people buy the new ones every year?

In regards to NBA 2KEveryYear...well, for me it's because of the New rosters!

As for other sports franchises, well...I honestly don't know because I hear with Fifa its the same shit, different year.

One of the last Discworld Books "Rising Steam",
the 2 Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Manga, and the Majoras Mask Manga,
the aktuall CD from "PUR", an german Pop Band wo was quite famous in the 90tes..
and a Garmin Forerunner 15 wich is nice to have for running because you know afterwards where you run, and how long you been on the road, etc..

I bought dirt yesterday.

The postal workers refused to deliver our mail because they made a big hole in front of our box by hitting the gas hard after shoving stuff in the box and they didn't want to drive in the hole.  I guess their legs only work when they are sitting, maybe.  Also, the people that work in the local post office, one of the supervisors especially, are rather rude and refuse to act like professionals, or adults for that matter.  I wish I could cut this person's pay or something, since I help pay them.

I got some gravel to go on the dirt.  Didn't go for all gravel since it was a lot more expensive.  I am considering buying a board and some nails.  That might help prevent the hole from getting deeper.

36 dollars worth of NOS square 1.1 lead for my 1930's Eversharp mechanical pencil. Original 30's and 40's lead. Im getting about 200 pieces ive estimated.. So that should last me years.. Yes im saving the packaging. And yes the clear tubes are glass. Im getting four of those.
%24_3.JPG

%24_1.JPG

%24_3.JPG

Yeah, I just use a space pen and a modified Zebra F-701 with a space pen refill.  Me and pencils don't work so well together.  That supply you have that should last years would probably only last a month or two with me (I would break it due to pushing to hard, not adjusting the length properly, being too rough with it (which is how I kill wood pencils), by playing with it it, by disassembling and reassembling, or I would just drop or lose it).

Can you give more info on the pencil?  Is it one of those fancy/pretty ones?

2evkKZt.jpg

RyLMgJV.jpg

1h4El5z.jpg

LotQz1k.jpg

The story behind the drafting ruler is I liberated it from my highschool art class where they were using antique drafting supplies from the old drafting room we were in and idiots kept on getting confused by the measurements and snapping rulers in half for fun..  So I must have "accidentally" knocked it into my doctor's bag without realizing it. Opps, I can be awfully clumsy at times.

Story behind the pencil is I acquired it from a garage/estate sale where an older person died and the family was selling everything that wasn't bolted down. I got a bag of antique pens and pencils and a few cups of pencils sitting on a desk. The total price was 5 dollars for a massive greedy fist size of old antique pencilss

This pencil was NEVER used. it still had its original price tag sticker on it.. theres still a remnant of it on it. The price was 1.50$ So approximately 26$  if translated to todays money.. However I've never seen one like it. I've only seen the green bakelite/celluloid ones and those sell for 50 bucks a pop. This pencil also came with a transparent yellow cheapie one that had a massive crack in it. I took all of the lead from that one.. and put it in this one. I know I still have that cheapie one. I've seen those sell for 8$ on ebay. 

I used this pencil in school for a few years straight. I had it in my shirt pocket at all times. I made sure to keep track of it religiously. It was the best pencil I've ever owned. Actually any pencil pre 1960 is worth it. If you ever have a chance to pick up an older pencil and use one.. Try it out. the identification i've found of a good old pencil is if the exposed "Lead" has a slight white coating that appears when they're exposed to air for a long time. Antique pencils sharpen to a amazing point. They never sharpen off centre and the lead stays sharper for about 5x longer. They're a bit harder but they're tough. They're great for drawing. I used this pencil for drawing all of the time. To give you an idea it takes about 3 rotational cranks of a old style pencil sharper to even get close to sharpening a modern pencil, and even then theres a high risk of it being off center or getting screwed up. The antique pencils.. Half a crank and its sharp enough if you tap it it'll draw blood...I'm not kidding. The old 3H lead is astounding quality. the old 2 2/3 HB from velvet is amazing. Some of the  smoothest lines. The old generic stuff runs circles around the name brand crap of today.

But my eversharp mechanical pencil. It lasted forever. There was about 3 lead sticks in it..and I got 2 more from the yellow pencil. Those lasted me 2 years of school... I mean writing daily.. and the lead wouldn't break. I feel this is due to the design of the square lead. The tip doesn't allow the lead to spin at all which means you get a firm hold of it, and because its a twist type mechanism you can completely control how much is stuck out at any given time.. which means you can even retract the lead back into the pencil for storage. The pencil is balanced, I can balance it on my pinky if I wanted too, the centre of gravity is approximately the centre of the pencil. It has a strong feel in the hand, its not a brittle thing. Small details of it speak numbers. The knurling on the tip allows for strong grip but without feeling like you can get cut. Theres knurling on the eraser holder, and Eversharp Eraser No.5 is etched onto it. No doubt I can look up that information and find what size of modern eraser I could use to replace the old original one in it. The black cap comes off with ease but won't fall off, the eraser is held in firmly yet also comes out with ease. Theres a metal "grate" on the inside that keeps helps you place in lead. (its  has three slots you slide the lead in and keeps the lead on the outside edge.

And the old celluloid/bakelite has a 3D depth to it. This is the best damn pencil I've ever held. Everything else I have placed my hands on (Including 300 dollar new mechanical pencils at stationary stores) seems like shit. This pencil's lead size is more natural then .5 or .7mm the 1.18mm lead which was standard in those days is quite lovely to work with. Its the happy medium you get for about a sentence when dealing with regular pencils... Hence why I think they're called eversharps. These pencils were used for drafting and drawing in the old days and I can see why. I actually got these leads to draw with.

Shelling out 36 dollars to have a years supply of lead for this pencil is worth it. Without a doubt. If I see more NOS lead and I have the spare money around I will purchase it.

I wasn't expecting me to go on for so long about a pencil manufactured around 1935.... hmm my typerwriter is from 1936.. I'm starting to notice a trend here. Both from the thirties and both I got for about the total price of 50 cents.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: rSl
I just got the 8Bitdo FC30 Pro bluetooth controller.
First thing I noticed (asidefrom the great, high-quality packaging) is it was a bit smaller than I initially thought. (Pandora for scale):
jxdx1Rv.jpg

The controls are pretty good, the shoulder buttons are good and it's easy enough to use any of the 4. the face buttons feel just a slight bit odd, like they don't push back as much as they should or something, but they're still decent.
The thumbsticks are definitely the weakest point, mostly just because they're so small, but also they have a little bit of looseness at the very middle that feels a bit weird, they seem to work just fine though, and they don't feel like they're gonna break or anything

Here's a video kinda showing the looseness in the thumbstick:

Edit: Oh, forgot to mention, the clicking in thumbstick buttons work pretty nicely, and you can easily hold them down while moving the stick.
Also I installed a beta firmware that let's it work as a WiiU Pro controller, no problems so far.

One or two of them are one my wishlist when Pyra releases. May my family will use them as xmas presents (they are so idealess.... May I have to give them these as hint)

Yeah, it's themed after the Japanese NES (aka Famicom) controller colour scheme, from 1983.

I've just ordered one of those along with my Pyra preorder and a copy of Fruit'Y.  Good to hear it's serviceable.

Turbo Chameleon 64 is a C64 cart, but also a C64 in FPGA (it also has a Minimig core, but not had chance to play much yet)
http://wiki.icomp.de/wiki/Chameleon

Hoping to maybe actually learning how to develop with FPGAs too

ChameleonFull.jpg

I bought some food, again.  I should really try to cut back on wasteful spending on such things so I can spend it on more important things, like:

A Microspeed MacTRAC trackball I got for a decent price.  I have wanted a CST trackball for a while but wasn't willing to pay full price for one without knowing if I would really like it.  The MacTRAC will help me decide that, and I now have a trackball for use with some of my old computers.

I saved the best for last:  A Pyra prepreorder voucher plus signed dummy main board.  Now I need to set aside the rest of the money.

Back